Hello,

Thanks for reading this! I am a new and have a few questions. Will RG56 cable support both 12v and 24v cameras? I just bought my first PTZ camera and understand it is 24v. Can i cut the addapter of and run the current through the rg56 cable and then plug it in like i do the 12v camera?

Thanks again Andy

Hello,

Thanks for reading this! I am a new and have a few questions. Will RG56 cable support both 12v and 24v cameras? I just bought my first PTZ camera and understand it is 24v. Can i cut the addapter of and run the current through the rg56 cable and then plug it in like i do the 12v camera?

Thanks again Andy

You can not use RG59 for power! how do you plan to send positive and negative current down the single center conductor?!?

What you need or needed is RG59 with 18/2, this allows you to send video and power as you have 3 wires, 1 handles video and 2 handle power.

18/2 will handle 24V but RG59 on its own will NOT!

Thankyou for taking the time to help. I ended up useing the 18/2 for PTZ controls and video. I ran a seperate 22g 4c wire for the 24v power. Thanks again for your time..

Andy transcend inc.