I just installed a NetCom board, NC-3213USB, in my I-View PC DVR and can operate a Pelco Spectra lll SE Series PTZ via rs485.

My problem is trying to operate a Sensormatic / American Dynamics PTZ, RAS716LS, which operates via rs422, Sensornet or Manchester.

I see in the Witness S/W that there is a Netcom option for BBV rs422 but I cannot get this camera to move. Is there something else I need, am I just doing something wrong or is I-View not able to support rs422?

Any converters I should be looking into?

Also, is it possible to use the I-View Witness S/W to incorporate an IP camera? What about other S/W or even boards to be able to operate both rs485, 422 and IP cameras in 1 package.

Bill

If it's a 716, you'll need to get a code translator from Sennetech (www.sennetech.net). Either the SCT-1040 (1in x 4out) or the SCT-100-Pelco-Sensormatic (1in x 1out). They are a little pricey but, they work.

If you have the new Sensormatic dome (RAS916 or 917) they accept Pelco P protocol. Upgrade is not possible due to different camera blocks.

Thanks for the reply. I did manage to get a 917 unit to work with I-View and gave up on the 716; I'll look into one of the converters you mentioned.

Any info on getting an IP camera to work with I-View or are there any other DVR boards that will allow me to include IP cameras as part of the same site?