Securitymaster

Geberal PTZ question

I think one of the reasons is because they will get a better/furthur ZOOM since 1/4" is a smaller CCD. 1/3" CCD will give a wider FOV than 1/4" and I guess one of the main points of a PTZ is the ZOOOOM feature.

Edited by Guest

the questions is why are the zoom camera modules that the PTZs use, mostly 1/4" ... Sony has progressive scan modules now in 1/2" ...800TVL, but the ones ive found with these chips are generally low zoom like 12x .. they have both VGA and composite outputs though ..

actually i didnt see your post, but good points. Some of them even use 1/6" chips for extra zoom I was just pointing out that the PTZ manufacturers generally use other manufacturers OEM Zoom camera modules, or block cameras .. just for secu masters info ..

But the cost difference between building a 1/4" and a 1/2" has to be really big, since there is more glass involved.

Now don't forget, in china, they are making fake sony ccd chips now, I got to look at my links to find it, I think that this is why one can get cheapo ptz domes for around 600 nowdays.