kmax1940

Play RTSP stream from Dahua 2100

Hello, anyone know how to play the rtsp stream from a dahua camera??

I have port 554 forwarded to the cameras ip.

I am trying to open this in both quicktime and vlc player with NO luck.

rtsp://admin:admin@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

This link came off the dahua support site.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks

Got it.

that link works the port was blocked by my isp. changed it and it works.

now to figure out how to get this rtsp stream into a plugin free cross browser solution.

Yeah trying to deliver the stream from the camera to the browser without the need for a plugin like flash activex, etc.

Yeah trying to deliver the stream from the camera to the browser without the need for a plugin like flash activex, etc.

I don't think it will work.

IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera

None of them supports RTSP.

It's a such a great idea if it only worked. RTSP is not a supported HTML protocol. You can give people the RTSP string and they can see your camera using VLC, but you can't embed it in HTML. Also, some camera brands give you a streaming URL (not RTSP) you can put on a webpage, it's going to ask them install ActiveX controls or a plugin, may not work on other browsers, pretty messy.

to do it right, you need to convert RTSP to RTMP which is easy enough, but you a need PC/server to run the program that does the conversion. Then it loads a flash or html5 player on the fly, not a big deal, done all the time across many website with webcams. Actually VLC can do this but it does so very poorly. I have an article on my blog that's a good starting point.

If you don't have a PC or time to setup a streaming server, there are many streaming services like ustream.tv and others. Just use Google to find them. Some are free if you don't mind advertising but expect to pay a monthly fee depending on usage. I've never tried them so can't recommend anyone in particular.

I have this camera. She has two streams (main and sub), main is high resolution and sub is lowest resolution.

But sub stream looks like zoom in (on this screen I see less area as main stream), how can I change it ?