Hi guys, I installed Dahua hybrid and everything worked like a charm, then I changed passwords and created account ( as you do) - gave everybody hi five and went home. The pc was then turned off ( because of closing time) and back on the following morning.... and no video on the PSS anymore??!

Does anybody here know how to restart or well at least get the cameras back on screen??

*Note viewing remotely ( pc, android ) works well as it did before, it´s just that we can´t view anymore using PSS??

help please

I do not see what your question is; your PSS has no access to the camera feeds now after you changed passwords? Or you want PSS to reopen the video feeds every time they turn it on?

Are you using PSS to record the cameras? Than do not shut off the PC at closing time. When you turned it back on, did you click

on PSS icon? If all you see is empty boxes, than you have to click on devices and log into the DVR or NVR and drag the cameras over.

Hi guys and thank you for the response,

After reading my post again I can see that it could need further and better explaining hehe .

The customers are using the the pc only (PSS) for viewing ( monitor ), also they can connect using internet or phone. I just thought it to be strange that we can not no longer view these cameras after pc was turned off and on again??

They had always turned the pc off and on again with no problem and with PSS back on screen, but when I changed passwords and users on dvr hybrid it became a problem. I had this issue on my Dahua NVR few days ago where I wasn´t longer able to view cameras ( after fiddling with PSS ) but then cameras had this red triangle over them and I was able to fix that.

Cameras on the PSS software with my customer have a red circular thingy over them ( maybe just because they are using different version of PSS - I don´t know ? )

Does changing password and such on dvr´s have affect on the PSS software ?

First, right after they called me and told me that they weren´t able to view using pc as monitor as they were able before I thougt to myself : " hmmm.... oh yeah of course, I changed the password and usernames yesterday on the dvr and now in the meantime they had turned the pc off and on again. And because the PSS tries to autologin by default usernames and password ... it can´t, so I have to login be using the new admin ( or whatever) to able PSS again " - But still no image

Silly question here, but did you change the username and password in device manager in PSS and save? PSS logs into your dvr just like anything else. It does not automatically do it just cause your using it as a monitor, rather than a recorder.

Hi vector18, not a silly question at all- yes after 1 or 2 attempts to login using default admin/admin I tried using the new username and password wich I had configured on the dvr, and I am able to login to the PSS just not able to see those cameras on screen. But I am a little bit green that being my first install and setup so spare with me

Ok just to clarify, login to PSS is just like hmmm... login using dmss lite or whatever- just an independent program ? But if so why then did it change after fiddling with dvr ?

The login for the pss software has nothing to do with the log in for the dvr. You need open pss, than click on device manager, than edit your device(dvr). In your device setting, enter your new username than password and make sure you enter it in confirm. Than make sure you click save, not OK. Wait for a few seconds after you click save, than when it releases, click OK. Than goto devices on the top and try to log into your system.

Well after spending almost 2 hours trying to figure this out I´m still not able to make this work -vector18 what do you mean by "...enter it in confirm"?

Also, is it possible to block out PSS viewing with dvr adjustment?

If I remember correctly the first time I installed the PSS software it picked up the DVR automatically.

...an idea is it possible that couple of switches could be blocking the pc (firewall) ? ...jesus I´m out on a limb here guys hehehe

I think I have like 6 or 7 hour invested in this by now and I left the place early this evening using viewing over LAN, just to keep the guys satisfied

Are you even going in device manager like I said? I tried to be very specific on what you have to do to make it work. In device settings, you enter the dvr's username and password and there is two areas to enter the password. The second area says confirm. That's what I mean to make sure you enter it in confirm password.

I will post screen shots when I get home later.

thank you very much for your prompt reply vector18, yes ok I did understand you correctly then as I entered of course the password twice ( aka-confirm )

Is there a way to reset PSS ? start over again ? ..I already tried to uninstalll it and install again but no luck

This shouldn´t be rocket science damn it ( pardon my language)

If you can post step by step instruction I will love you man hehe

OK, this is weird. Do you get to this screen? Than click update, enter your new username and password, confirm password, than click save?

226503_1.jpg

Ok, I understand this and belive me I have fixed this on my NVR at home wich I was playing with few weeks ago and like now lost connection with few IPC2100 cameras (wasn´t able to view with PSS ) .

Maybie I should try to change to this PSS software version, you see the DVR came with PSS software cd, but according to the guy ( bar co-owner ) their pc has no cd drive so we installed PSS software from Dahua webpage. Needless to say and to my surprise it was another version ( gray-ish) don´t know the version but different from wich comes with DVR.

Do you know where I can download this version ( like screenshot) ?

I should be able to manually add this DVR hybrid or have the program auto-add it , put in username and password, the go up screen right side and drag the cameras over ...right?