wkdwrx

broken glass on camera update

ok well I put on here a couple months ago I drop my camera like 1 foot from the ground it slip out of my hand when picking it up and it smash the glass in the centre piece where the lens is .

here is a update well I rang heaps of shops none of them has 1.1mm round glass or able to cut it 28mm round plus prob a waste of time for them . I ran out of ideas and thought hmm whats the time and it hit me the glass from a watch face. so I look them up on ebay found 1 place in uk im in Australia and they had 1.1mm by 28mm round glass . I hit buy it now they sent it to me 3 weeks later was 48mm lol so email them back they send me another one 28mm what do you know it fit perfect .

I clean all inside got all broken glass out wipe it out bought the right glue that you mix was for plastic and glass I used a broken tooth pick ran glue all around the inside of plastic pushed the glass in wipe off all wet glue from the front and looks perfect let it dry no leaks I fill the inside og face with water and yeh no leaks which is good cause cameras out side .

so yeh heres some pics

Photo2825.jpg.4e91b24c648440527be5f659ec67c1aa.jpg

Photo2826.jpg.116bc350745b92587c3599edfb953b8f.jpg

Photo2824.jpg.2f55ed1bfe62d434736502a185e22ada.jpg

Congratulations on the fix " title="Applause" /> , do you think it was worth the effort?

The only time I broke the glass of one camera, I just used it later indoors, I wouldn't have gone through all that hassle.

well it cost me $130 aus for the camera and I don't have any cameras in my house all outside and cost me $3 so yes was worth it esp when im workn 2 jobs paying a house off alone so $3 saved me wasting a $130camera lol