Sign in to follow this  
Oliver1

LPR Camera recommendations?

Hi All,

I am after a License plate recognition camera. The main factors I have to deal with are the distance from targeted area is 10 to 15 meters, the height is around 700mm above license plate height, the angle from the area is from 20 to 30 degrees. The variants in angle & distance are due to a variety of locations I can put it depending on which ever achieves better results.

I would prefer to use an analog device so I avoid any compatibility issues with my hybrid dvr.

I am not too fussed with price, as from the research I have done there aren't many reputable brands that make them for under $1k.

One of the main considerations is the cameras size. I have seen some that are as big as 400mm which is too big. I am trying to achieve something reasonably covert, even though I understand it will have the red I.R Illuminators, Its going to be in the front of my property so I don't want it to be an eye sore.

Anything under 250mm would be ideal.

Any personal experiences with such devices would be greatly valued.

hi friend, you can try TBO-2056R, with ex-view CCD, even the low light can see the plate clearly.

the height 62mm, you add a bracket and a housing, won't over 200mm.