hi, i am bit stuck, and not sure how i can connect my Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I to the notebook, bought from China, came with camera and manual, all in chinese.

I downloaded the Milestone XProtect Go Version, connected the camera with network cable to notebook and tried to add camera but the software doesn't detect any camera, can you pls help? am i doing something wrong?

do i need to configure camera first or how does it work?

tried to ask help online from China, they say to Open network connections , and somthing about changing configuration, not much help as i expected.

if someone could share some ideas pls, that would be really appreciated.

Thank you

No problem. First thing I learned about Milestone is you need to install what they call Device Packs, get the latest one, install it.

Not sure how far you've gotten with the camera, but make sure it has a fixed IP, you can connect from the web browser, it works, you set password and you are happy with it.

Then go through the Milestone camera wizard to add cameras in their management program, select manual, enter the camera IP, the user name (admin is default), the password (12345 is default) and click the auto detect button, forget what its' called and wait about 10 minutes as it tries thousands of camera choices until it gets to ONVIF (I love setting up ACTi because it takes seconds, maybe because alphabetically it finds it quicker), then click next and such to finish the install process. Once that works for you, you'll need to setup the motion detect stuff, the zone, the sensitivity, normal stuff people do on NVR software.

On the client software, you'll need to put the camera in a layout to view it. Also, in the management program, you'll need to setup a mobile server so you can access the cameras from your phone or web browser.

I have to finish up two more cameras reviews, but I'm going to do an in-depth review on Milestone because it is not the easiest to setup and hope that it helps people get started with it but once it's setup, it works really well and you can't be the price of GO.

Thank u for your help and instructions, i downloaded the Device pack, latest one. i am using windows 7 Professional, service pack1

now i m not sure how to configure fixed IP, i did try but not successful, i got this details from china,

1.change the computer configuration 192.196.0.200,

2. open a page, url 192.168.0.64

3. change the address of the camera can be connect to a home network.

4.change computer configuration

so went to Local area connection, properties, version 4(TCP/IP), properties,

then there is a box, says Use the following IP address, and its got IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway,

also another box, says Use the following DNS server addresses: Preferred DNS server, Alternate DNS server,

tried playing with the addresses but only gets DNS server error. i don't know why its' doing that. may be i m not entering right info.

my question is, what addresses do i put in both boxes?

and does camera needs to be connected while i am doing this?

and what is my next step after configuring the addresses and subnet?

thank u so much again for yr help. really appreciate it.

OMG, you sure picked the hard way to do this. Let me PM you the link to the SADP program. I finds all Hikvision cameras, you click on it, type in the address and gateway address you want, enter the password and 2 seconds later it's done.