vector18

Motion setting in IP camera

The newer version of the firmware has online help, which is not always useful, but this is what it says for this screen:

System can delay the record for specified time after alarm ended. The value ranges from 10s to 300s.

It sounds like this is the break time after the motion trigger stops; that is, this is how long after a motion detect event ends the camera will record. The shortest clip would then be motion detect time plus 10 seconds.

Than why does my playback video end as soon as the motion ends? I never have seen 10 seconds of nothing once motion detection has stopped?

The usual reason for wanting this is when there's motion after the trigger that isn't enough to continue triggering recording. I see this at night, when cars park on the street. The motion detect catches them, but if they're in a poorly lit area, the low contrast movement of people around the car won't trigger more motion sense. By setting the break time for 30 seconds or more, I get more of the action. The other option is to increase the sensitivity, but that can cause too many false alarms.

Likewise, people or animals moving away from the camera into the dark; you can still see them, but the motion trigger doesn't see them.

Sounds like there might be a bug in the software, if it doesn't continue recording after the motion detect is over, or possibly this isn't what the setting does at all.

You could ask Dahua tech support, but I think you're getting more response here than you would from them!