grege

question on ACTi camera install

I'm installing 4 ACTi E42 cameras at my lake house this weekend and plan on using ACTi NVR 3.0. I would also like to be able to use myLiveCams to be able to view the cameras from my Samsung Galaxy.

I hooked them up at my work and updated the firmware. While in there I saw the port mapping screen with 9 ports listed. Which ports do I need to make unique for each camera? I thought I could go ahead and get those changed before I go down. Which ports will I need to port forward on my router? Also, are there any ports I will need to forward in order to get to the NVR 3.0 remotely?

Thanks

The app I use on Android is IP Cam Viewer and it requires the Video Port (6002) and the HTTP port (80). I usually make them consecutive so I can easily put them in router as a range.

I would also like to be able to use myLiveCams to be able to view the cameras from my Samsung Galaxy.

I am using LiveCams with my ACTi E22. I set stream 2 to MJPEG and set LiveCams Profile to (URL) MJPEG. Enter in the URL field:

http://IPAddress:Port/cgi-bin/encoder?USER=Admin&PWD=123456&CHANNEL=2&GET_STREAM

The Port used above is the HTTP Port assigned on the Port Mapping screen in your ACTi Web Configurator.

Leave the Username and Password fields in LiveCams blank.

~Mike

I would also like to be able to use myLiveCams to be able to view the cameras from my Samsung Galaxy.

I am using LiveCams with my ACTi E22. I set stream 2 to MJPEG and set LiveCams Profile to (URL) MJPEG. Enter in the URL field:

http://IPAddress:Port/cgi-bin/encoder?USER=Admin&PWD=123456&CHANNEL=2&GET_STREAM

The Port used above is the HTTP Port assigned on the Port Mapping screen in your ACTi Web Configurator.

Leave the Username and Password fields in LiveCams blank.

~Mike

Mike,

Do you have just the one ACTi camera and are you using NVR 3.0?

Greg

Hi Greg,

I have two ACTi cameras and several other brands so I use Blue Iris for motion detection and recording.

~Mike

Hi Greg,

I have two ACTi cameras and several other brands so I use Blue Iris for motion detection and recording.

~Mike

Do you remember what port numbers you had to change on the ACTi cameras to make them unique?

I am using Blue Iris with my Foscam cameras but was thinking of switching to the NVR 3.0 software for the ACTi cameras.

The only port I changed is the 'HTTP Port' assigned on the Port Mapping screen. I left all the other ports default.

~Mike

If you are using NVR3, just leave all your cameras at their stock port numbers, why change them. Then port forward ports 80, 6001, 6002 for the IP for the PC you are running the NVR3 server process on.

If you are using NVR3, just leave all your cameras at their stock port numbers, why change them. Then port forward ports 80, 6001, 6002 for the IP for the PC you are running the NVR3 server process on.

I figured I would need to change them so the app on my Samsung Galaxy would be able to differentiate them since I use DDNS to access my lake house.

Depends on the app, with IP Cam Viewer it uses the http and video port (normally 80 and 6002). Some use RTSP port which is 7070 on ACTi. You'll have to experiment to see what is being used.