sf1964

recording to external computer or hdd question.

l have the nuvico xg model 16 ch and my cd rw is not working,it wont open up,l called up tcech support and they said to a/ use a pin to open the draw which l tried and it opened but still doesnt want to record to drive.

b/ use a crossover cable and save data to a external hard drive or a laptop.l bought the cat 5 cable however l dont think l am doing it right,l connected the cable to the back of my laptop and then connected the other end into the usb port on the dvr using an adaptor usb-cat5, reason l am doing that way because my wireless router is connected to the cat 5 connection on the back of the dvr!!

l am new at all this stuff,so if someone can tell me the best way to record to a laptop or an external drive? from the recorded data step by step l would appreciate some help,thanks for any replies in advance.

If you have a SCSI port than it may be possible to connect to a external storage. If you have network with your dvr then try to connect a usb flash memory storage to your computer.( i think that is what it is called) there are ones with 1 gb of space. download straight to the external storage on the lab top

Did you check the IDE cable going to the burner? I had this happen and it was the IDE cable got loose. Good luck.