waitetech

Old IT Guy... New to CCTV and DVR

Glad to have found this forum!

I have been an IT guy all my life. Some of my customers have requested I start working with their CCTV's and DVR's.

I've found forums like these to be very helpful and informative with all sorts of interests that I have!!

I've done some searches already and I will start reviewing all the FAQ sections of this forum.

In the mean time:

For my introductory post I'd also appreciate some direction on a problem I've ran into.

Equipment:

Eclipse DVR Orb MX16 - Already installed and working

Using Nemon Monitoring Software that came with the DVR.

Problem:

Nemon Archiving software not syncing correctly, even with all configuration of Firewall to manufacturer's specs.

I'm looking for advice on the best archiving software to mirror the DVR hard drive data to an offsite location.

Or someone more experienced to bounce some Firewall settings by.

If you all could point me to the right section of the forum, I'd appreciate it!

THANKS!

Equipment:

Eclipse DVR Orb MX16 - Already installed and working

Using Nemon Monitoring Software that came with the DVR.

Problem:

Nemon Archiving software not syncing correctly, even with all configuration of Firewall to manufacturer's specs.

I'm looking for advice on the best archiving software to mirror the DVR hard drive data to an offsite location.

Or someone more experienced to bounce some Firewall settings by

Typically to record offsite you would use a NVR to do this. Not familure with NEMON or the EClipseDVR though. I would recommend a replacement to a NVR but then you will have to change out all of your cameras to IP models.