fasttrace

Dahua camera connects and disconnects randomly

I got the IPC-HDB3200C

So using google chrome, I can log onto the dahua gui interface page, see live footage for about 25sec~2min.

and then it disconnects.

I instantly refresh the page and it's no longer there, Wait a few minutes and it's back to the login screen.

The same happen with internet explorer 10.

So I downloaded blueiris to see if was just the broswers, but still it recorded footage for a minute loses signal comes back to record footage again for a bit

I used the ConfigTool V1.06 that came with the cd and it does the same thing. See it for a few min and then disconnects.

Here is the version currently installed on the camera: Software Version: 2.103, Build:2012-7-24

The most obvious is to use a different cable and PoE switch/injector or put a different camera on that cable to see if it's a problem with the cable or switch. Next you can do a full reset on the camera and start over as sometimes things get corrupt. If it still does it, call the people you bought it from and arrange sending it to the distributor to troubleshoot and repair. Many distributors stock spare logic boards so they can make the repairs.

I had that type of problem recently. It turned out I'd assigned the same IP address to two cameras, one of which was unplugged for a long time and then got plugged back into the network again. Ooops!

The most obvious is to use a different cable and PoE switch/injector or put a different camera on that cable to see if it's a problem with the cable or switch. Next you can do a full reset on the camera and start over as sometimes things get corrupt. If it still does it, call the people you bought it from and arrange sending it to the distributor to troubleshoot and repair. Many distributors stock spare logic boards so they can make the repairs.

Hey buellewinkle, Enjoy reading your website.

I only have one poe and ip camera at my disposal, (D-Link 8-Port PoE Gigabit Desktop Switch brand new)

I will try switching cables to see if that's the problem.

I'm hoping the solution is a reset, as I bought the camera from aliexpress

I had that type of problem recently. It turned out I'd assigned the same IP address to two cameras, one of which was unplugged for a long time and then got plugged back into the network again. Ooops!

It did have the wrong default gateway for my router and I changed that in hope of a fix, but no joy.

You can figure out a bit more by watching your POE switch LEDs when the resets happen.

On startup, the Dahuas should light up the POE indicator right away, and the Link indicator will blink a few times, pause, blink a few times, and keep doing that for about a minute. Then it starts blinking constantly and the camera's online.

If your switch shows it doing this when you lose your signal, it may mean your camera's resetting.

You can figure out a bit more by watching your POE switch LEDs when the resets happen.

On startup, the Dahuas should light up the POE indicator right away, and the Link indicator will blink a few times, pause, blink a few times, and keep doing that for about a minute. Then it starts blinking constantly and the camera's online.

If your switch shows it doing this when you lose your signal, it may mean your camera's resetting.

I watch the lights and its pretty similar to what you described.

I took off the cover for the camera and watch the led inside the camera. It turns on green, grand it's working for a minute then it stops working, the light stays green goes red and reboots turning back to green.

So from that it's freezing and rebooting. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Another test is to connect it to 12V instead of POE, in case the POE power board is causing problems. I've never had this make a difference when troubleshooting a camera, but I always try it on persistent problems.

Run a ping to the camera, if the ping drops then do a hard reset on the camera and a firmware update, if it still drops on occasion then try another switch?

I emailed my vendor about the problem and she emailed back an update to my current firmware. Thankfully it work without any issues as of yet.

Thanks for all the help and comments made my life a lot easier mechBgon, Buellwinkle, MaxIcon and MR2

If anybody wants the firmware build 23-03-2013 for PAL let me know.