grege

ACTi Motion Detection Areas

I ran more cable to be able to install my cameras this weekend. I left 1 running so I can play with it and get the NVR 3.0 software working.

When setting up motion detection there are 3 areas available. How do most set up the areas for motions? With my old Foscam I only set up 1 area and masked out some places. Not even sure if I could do more than 1 area. If I'm looking at the front of my house would you do only 1 area or use 2 or 3? If more than 1 would you want to overlap any areas?

Thank

Not going to tell you that their solution is perfect but here's how it works. You can have one large area but the sensitivity is a percentage of the area, so the larger you make one square, the less sensitive it gets relative to your settings. I basically make 3 rectangles in most cases of about the same size.

Ok I set up some areas and I've got an email coming on motion detection. However, the email says this

20130807 09:42:37.108 MD 3

Motion has been detected at the front of the house.

ERROR. open file C:\NVR Temp\Channel01_20130807094237_108.jpg fail !!.

Does anybody know why I am getting the error and how to fix it? I checked and the folder does exist on my computer. I also looked in the NVR software to see if there was a place to change the location but I couldn't find it anywhere.