Sign in to follow this  
untranslate

Caught the thief the 1st day <video>

I run a small lawn care biz with five workers and had things disappearing around my house. So i bought a CCTV system. I didnt know it but i had an OLD pair of keys missing also.

Monday guy sneaks in and out really fast.

Wednesday he left work to break into my house.

Friday he went to jail.

yFzlKLmi2g8

I had just got the system in the mail the day before and hadnt even hung the cameras yet.

The system is Kview 8 channel with 4 600tvl bullet cams.

Not bad at all, fact is it did the job just fine. BLC with WDR would have stopped the effect of the sun through the open door balcking out the screen area while the door was open.

What was he doing with that paper on the table top? So what sort of things did he take?

In my experience people are nearly always surprised when they find it's someone known to them.

I can understand the utter frustration at not knowing what or who! Now I imagine you are 100%

in favour of protecting yourself this way. Not to me, never again!

This would have made a great local news story.

You can feel rightly satisfied. I imagine you kept the CCTV to yourself or this thief might have found out.

Priceless. Was that another camera he was carefully covering? If you do it really quick, the recorder will just forget about it.

There was a camera on the computer desk. It was set up but i had not decided where to put it yet. So it was just sorta balanced in a cup. I figured maybe some one would just think it was a web cam and i could get a close up. He tried to cover it with paper and you can see the IR lights come on and shine though. The real camera was just sitting on a chest of drawers with lots of clutter around to hide it. I just attached some of my girlfriends hair pins to the base to keep it standing up.

I had things vanishing so i made sure i didnt have any money around for a while. I was hoping they would be desperate to score some free cash. But i threw some other junk in there to see if it would be taken. A dead Iphone and an old scrip bottle with nothing but some aspirin in it. They took the old Iphone but it is basically worthless.

I figured it was an employee. There were to many small incidents it had to be some one who was around a lot. Most of them have records already any way. I just did not know which one it was.

It stupid really. Since i already knew him he was to easy to identify with the video. Since he works for me I have every bit of information to give the police full name, social, address, dob, every thing.

Only thing i regret is he gets to spend the hottest month of the year in tax payer AC.