Hi,

I recently decided to look into IP cameras for my house and ended up purchasing a Q-See 8 Channel NVR at a very good price. I've since done a lot of research on IP cameras with POE capabilities. Just a couple of days ago I ended up buying the Swann 1080p dome camera from Costco and I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

I have a couple of questions that will help me decide on my next camera(s).

1. Since my NVR supports up to 1080p, what will happen if I hook up a camera that has a max resolution of 2048 × 1536 (3MP)? Will I have the ability to dump down the resolution to 1080p on the actual camera before attaching it to the NVR?

2. Are there any 720P or 1080P affordable IP cameras that have pan, tilt, zoom that can be controlled remotely via software? It looks like my NVR has the capability to control one but I haven't found a camera under 1k that has this capability? Most of them are manual or veri focal.

Thanks in advance

Yes, the Dahua PTZ (SD6982a) is very nice, 1080P, 18x zoom and IR illuminators, compatible with your NVR, sold a bunch of them. Just a warning, they are a great price for what they do, just don't expect it for dirt cheap like under a grand.

If by affordable, you mean you want a toy, I've seen the Foscam PTZ for about $429, but VGA resolution, 10x zoom and it's a Foscam and not sure it's compatible with your NVR. Also, the Agasio with 3x zoom is even cheaper at under $200, same company as Foscam.

Yes, the Dahua PTZ (SD6982a) is very nice, 1080P, 18x zoom and IR illuminators, compatible with your NVR, sold a bunch of them. Just a warning, they are a great price for what they do, just don't expect it for dirt cheap like under a grand.

If by affordable, you mean you want a toy, I've seen the Foscam PTZ for about $429, but VGA resolution, 10x zoom and it's a Foscam and not sure it's compatible with your NVR. Also, the Agasio with 3x zoom is even cheaper at under $200, same company as Foscam.

Thanks for the reply. I will look into your suggestions. What about my question about the resolution, can you comment on that?

Thanks

Even if there was an issue of 3MP not working, you can certainly configure the 3MP camera to 1080P and that would work fine with the NVR.

The Dahua PTZ is 1080P, they have a 3MP on their website, but none of the Dahua distributors I use have it. They also have a 720P which is a little cheaper but not much, like $100 less, again, just because it's on their website does not mean it's available.

I ordered a few and should have the SD3282D-GN Dahua 2mp PTZ in my possession in a week or two. I'm selling them

for 700.00 shipped. Which is a great price for a 2mp PTZ mini dome. It has low lux rather than IR because it is a vandal

dome.

224984_2.jpg

224963_3.jpg