wkdwrx

ground loop isolator question

hi all just a quick question as I have said once before im new to the cctv scene slowly learning more.

question about the ground loop isolator does it go from the back of dvr to the camera bnc lead or the lead from the camera then bnc lead ? or can you hook it up anyway ?

In the first place, you would only need a ground loop isolator if an amateur installed your system. TYPICAL AMATEUR TRICK.

Put it next to the DVR, but the best option would be to install the system to avoid earth loops altogether. Two earth sources with a potential to earth difference of 0.1 are enough to create an earth loop

Numbnuts, good advise, but it sounds like what your saying is this guy was not careful so that is why it happened to him?

Does that what you mean when you said you have never needed one of these because you are careful? If so, how can someone

be more careful like yourself, to prevent needed a ground loop isolator? I came here to learn.

My advice take it back where you bought it and get THEM to explain it to you. They made the profit let them support you. MT advice to you if you want to learn, google ground loop and check out technical pages online.

I don't need one I was asking how do you hook them up as it was a question I seen them but was curious as to if goes to camera end or dvr end or does it matter what end .

NO shouldn't matter as all you would be doing is introducing a physical break into the loop.

but it's easier to install at the DVR end especially if you have a few to install.... Make Sense?

NO shouldn't matter as all you would be doing is introducing a physical break into the loop.

but it's easier to install at the DVR end especially if you have a few to install.... Make Sense?

Well it can be inserted anywhere as long as the problem is in fact an earth loop. Other issues can cause the same symptoms as earth loops such as LF RFI and EMF interference getting into low quality cable (specifically RG6). Installing you earth loop isolator at the camera end will be a waste of time as you will still have the whole length of your cable picking up induced noise. Many installations experience this when pushing the distance limits of their cable runs and the S/N suffers accordingly. In these cases a ground loop isolator will probably only degrade the signal even further as there is about a 1.2dB insertion loss introduced.......understand ?