MaxIcon

New Hikvision Raptor firmware - 5.0.2

Hik has released a new version of the Raptor firmware, 5.0.2, build 130805. I saw it on the European portal, and couldn't connect to the US FTP site to check there.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/DVR%20NVR/Cameras/Raptor%20Platform%20IPC%202%20series%20firmware/

Hikvision Baseline Firmware_IPC_Raptor series_En_V5.0.2 130805

The readme doesn't have a lot of info, but here it is:

Release Note

Network Camera

Basic information

Firmware: V5.0.2 build130805

Supported models:

DS-2CD2012-I;DS-2CD2032-I;DS-2CD2112-I;DS-2CD2132-I;DS-2CD2212-I3/I5;DS-2CD2232-I3/I5;DS-2CD2312-I;DS-2CD2332-I;DS-2CD2612F-I(S);DS-2CD2632F-I(S);DS-2CD2712F-I(S);DS-2CD2732F-I(S)

Function

1. Solve the problem of obtaining sub-stream abnormally when accessed to NVR;

Are you going to try it on your Derytech camera? I would be concerned with installing a version from Europe. If you want, I can get you the latest Hikvison US firmware or Derytech firmware. Hate to see you brick your camera. PM me if interested.

I checked, it's not available in the U.S. yet.

Are you going to try it on your Derytech camera? I would be concerned with installing a version from Europe. If you want, I can get you the latest Hikvison US firmware or Derytech firmware. Hate to see you brick your camera. PM me if interested.

I checked, it's not available in the U.S. yet.

huh cause I see it on there ftp

They have two sites then because I was given a different site to get firmware from directly from their support people. Now we have to convince Maxicon to try it on his camera first, LOL.

BTW, doesn't it concern you that the file sizes are totally different, like 18mb vs 12MB between HikvisionEurope and HikvisionUSA?

They have two sites then because I was given a different site to get firmware from directly from their support people.

I feel like they go out of their way to make things obsure. Selling products to people like swann and lorex that you cant buy (dvr with 16 poe ports)

their US site doesnt have half the firmware for their NVR. Their us site doesnt list all the NVR available example

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/products.asp?cid=50271#Menu=ChildMenu5

vs

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=6528#Menu=ChildMenu5

I know this how this all works because it happens in IT all the time, but its just so odd

They have two sites then because I was given a different site to get firmware from directly from their support people. Now we have to convince Maxicon to try it on his camera first, LOL.

BTW, doesn't it concern you that the file sizes are totally different, like 18mb vs 12MB between HikvisionEurope and HikvisionUSA?

Ill try it on a swann when I get home...but sure it concerns me but im sure its just langauge differences. Put it in an hex editor and look at it.

Did the upgrade to V5.02_130805 from the usa ftp

Camera did not die and now reports V5.0.2 130805

in firmware. I did not see any menu changes or additional options...which is to be expected.

Untitled.thumb.png.0a8f6df1a2b0ee771e828445b4845f59.png

Edited by Guest

I have been getting the firmware from Nelly's Technical Guide website. While I can connect to the Hikvision USA FTP website, I have no idea what the username/password is. Can I get a PM with that info?

My camera and NVR are in the mail but I'd like to have all the firmware pre-downloaded to update the hardware.

Thanks!

I have been getting the firmware from .'s Technical Guide website. While I can connect to the Hikvision USA FTP website, I have no idea what the username/password is. Can I get a PM with that info?

My camera and NVR are in the mail but I'd like to have all the firmware pre-downloaded to update the hardware.

Thanks!

PM sent

I have been getting the firmware from .'s Technical Guide website. While I can connect to the Hikvision USA FTP website, I have no idea what the username/password is. Can I get a PM with that info?

Thanks!

PM sent

Would you be so kind as to send me the credentials as well?

Thanks!

Thanks!

PM sent

Would you be so kind as to send me the credentials as well?

Thanks!

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Cameras/Raptor%20Platform%20IPC%202%20series%20firmware/