Sad to say, I probably won't be trying it because I'm already thinking I can't afford it and I don't even know for certain what it costs. Why the secrecy in pricing? Evidently Avigilon does not have much interest in marketing to non-commercial users.

They want their dealers to make good profit margin...

Sad to say, I probably won't be trying it because I'm already thinking I can't afford it and I don't even know for certain what it costs. Why the secrecy in pricing? Evidently Avigilon does not have much interest in marketing to non-commercial users.

Does someone have this camera that has tried to use it with Avigilon sw ?

I'm curious if motion detection works via the onvif driver. I know on Hikvision's website states they

are compatible now with them.

if you don't have Avigilon software you can goto their website under support and download the

5.0 server software and it will give you a 30day trial.

would really appreciate it if someone could test this.

thanks

The cameras get detected as type HIKVISION (ONVIF)

and yes the motion works. if you need to adjust any of the motion settings it is through the cameras web page not in cameras settings on avigilon.

Just remember that pixel search will not work like the avigilon cameras, as the motion on these cameras is for the whole frame not like the avigilon cameras where is pixel based...

Running these cameras and the avigilon software imho is the best bang for buck at the moment...

Running these cameras and the avigilon software imho is the best bang for buck at the moment...

So does someone want to PM me with entry-level pricing on this POS [piece of software] so I will know if it is within my budget? I have a 5-camera 3MP IP camera setup and the confidential price sheet that I have seen on the internet puts me at $645 for an 8-camera version ('way out of my league, sorry to say...too many other lower cost options at that price point).

Or not. I'm sure that a Bentley is a fine car, but I'll never own one.

Maybe if you win MegaMillions.

Or if you are modest person then perhaps you still would not because you would not want to be to seen as pretentious.

Good Luck getting price on Avigilon.

So does someone want to PM me with entry-level pricing on this POS [piece of software] so I will know if it is within my budget? I have a 5-camera 3MP IP camera setup and the confidential price sheet that I have seen on the internet puts me at $645 for an 8-camera version ('way out of my league, sorry to say...too many other lower cost options at that price point).

Use or try the free Hikvision software.

The cameras get detected as type HIKVISION (ONVIF)

and yes the motion works. if you need to adjust any of the motion settings it is through the cameras web page not in cameras settings on avigilon.

Just remember that pixel search will not work like the avigilon cameras, as the motion on these cameras is for the whole frame not like the avigilon cameras where is pixel based...

I must agree Hik + Avigilon = very powerful cost effective solution

Anyone got a copy of the chinese firmware? I tftp'd the US version to a chinacam and ummm, it bricked, oh hold that thought, it reset its IP. Phew!

Lol that had me worried for a sec. It took the 5.0.2 update, but when trying to reupdate the chinacam with americam firmware it said language mismatch, confirming what was posted here... meh atleast thanks to the glorious work done here by others I have updated the cam! Thanks!

Anyone got a copy of the chinese firmware? I tftp'd the US version to a chinacam and ummm, it bricked, oh hold that thought, it reset its IP. Phew!

Lol that had me worried for a sec. It took the 5.0.2 update, but when trying to reupdate the chinacam with americam firmware it said language mismatch, confirming what was posted here... meh atleast thanks to the glorious work done here by others I have updated the cam! Thanks!

you should be able to get the us firmware on the china cam via tftp however it will still have Chinese day issue

you should be able to get the us firmware on the china cam via tftp however it will still have Chinese day issue

Can you describe what the Chinese day issue is?

Can you describe what the Chinese day issue is?

There's no issues with Chinese day, over 1 billion people use it. So if you buy the official Hikvision branded camera, China edition, everything is in English (or whatever language you chose from the dropdown in the upper right) except the day of the week, for example, today it was 星期一 . Don't know why, weird, why let you chose Spanish for example and display 星期一 instead of Lunes. But you can turn the day of week off and still get the date and timestamp if you chose. I like it in Chinese, adds a little spice to an otherwise boring OSD.

Regardless of which firmware you load, it will display this until one day, they realize it's a bug and change it to the chosen language.

I wasn't clear. I had managed to tftp the US firmware to the china cam. It works fine. However, even after that, I was confirming that the web GUI on the Chinacam flashed to US firmware still wouldn't allow loading of US firmware.

So guys, what are you thinking, it is worth to buy the DS-2CD2032-I chinese version? I am also thinking on the dome version DS-2CD2132-I, inside they are same unless the pan/tilt?

So guys, what are you thinking, it is worth to buy the DS-2CD2032-I chinese version? I am also thinking on the dome version DS-2CD2132-I, inside they are same unless the pan/tilt?

I have some of the domes for sale cheap if youre interested.

It never will allow it through a browser firmware update because it looks at the country code that's burned into the camera ROM.

So, are you saying that if I have the Chinese version of the camera, I can only upgrade it with the US firmware through tftp? If I successfully get the US firmware on there through tftp, can future updates happen through the browser?

If not, I would think that the country code can be easily changed, no?

See the Replies Below

So, are you saying that if I have the Chinese version of the camera, I can only upgrade it with the US firmware through tftp?

Yes, that is correct, and the Day will still be in chinese.

If I successfully get the US firmware on there through tftp, can future updates happen through the browser?

No, It is still reigon locked, there is nothing that can be done about that currently

If not, I would think that the country code can be easily changed, no?

This is burned into the ROM and cannot be currently changed.

Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about the date since I can disabled the date on the camera and use the date on my NVR.

I was a little bit worried about not having the ability to update the firmware via a browser but after reading the documentation on how to flash using TFTP, I'm okay with it. It's just as easy.

Thanks for the info. I'm not too worried about the date since I can disabled the date on the camera and use the date on my NVR.

I was a little bit worried about not having the ability to update the firmware via a browser but after reading the documentation on how to flash using TFTP, I'm okay with it. It's just as easy.

Im having an issue with a swann camera that i updated via tftp...one of the resolution options disappeared. Trying to figure out what went wrong.

Im having an issue with a swann camera that i updated via tftp...one of the resolution options disappeared. Trying to figure out what went wrong.

What resolution went away?

The Hiks don't always update the client software after an upgrade, and that can cause missing menu items.

It's a good idea to clear your cache and uninstall the webviewer software on the client PC. Then, when you connect, it should prompt you to re-install the web viewer.