smarty

Geovision IR Remote Control Functionality - GV1240 System

I have done a search, read the manuals and even consulted the Geo Support videos, but I can't seem to figure out the functionality of the two upper left most buttons on the GV IR Remote control.

The button are labeled "Main System" and "ViewLog" (Damn, sounds simple enough).

I do believe that I have the IR remote set up properly (I have the Supervisor account exported to the IR Remote).

I guess that I expect the "Main System" button to either start the main system or at least switch it to the active window (if it is already open). Similarly, I expect the "ViewLog" button to open/Start the ViewLog or at least bring it to the active window if it is already open.

Pressing either button with either application open/closed, or maximized or minimized has no effect. As far as I can tell, these two buttons do nothing. What am I doing wrong? What should these two buttons do?

Smarty (who is NOT so smart!)

Those buttons should work as you described. If you installed the remote controller after the fact( Geo was already installed), then you have that type pf problem. Reinstall the Geo software and be sure to select that you want to add the IR Remote to startup and it takes care of the issue.

Scottj

Yes, I installed the remote after the fact.

Per ScottJ's instructions I unistalled and re-installed the main program (and also installed the IR remote). It now works as I would expect it to!!!!

Thanks again ScottJ!!!!

One last question....

The IR remote has 6 unmarked buttons up near the top of the remote. What are these for? Just extras? Can I program multi-step proccesses into them? Just curious, i have no real need for them yet.

Smarty

Those buttons are just extras, however I believe one of my technicians was able to program a PTZ preset to them before but I would need to ask him (he is on vacation) to verify. Glad it all works for you now.

Scottj