Sign in to follow this  
Byte

What is a good all-rounder for the home?

Hello All, This has probably be covered elsewhere, i am sorry for reposting!

I own a IT Company and we are looking into starting to install CCTV Systems, residential at first and moving to commercial once we are confident with the CCTV Systems.

We are always using forums for tech support and i would like to hear your guys suggestions when it comes to a good all round DVR and Cameras for home use, the DVR will need to hold around 2 weeks of footage at any one time and also be accessed remotely. Decent night vision capability will be a bonus!

Any suggestions of a brand to stick to would be really great, i haven't got a clue of the different brands, i know i should do some research!

Many Thanks

J

Honestly.... book a ticket to Chicago and attend the ASIS conference in a few weeks. You will have all of the equipment at your fingertips and you can make a much more informed decision.

Seems as if the focus of this anonymous IT company is on doing something standard for a quickly earned buck. Placement, viewing angles, night time images, suitability of particular equipment for a particular situation or need are apparently of no interest for the all-rounder standard home which is to get a all-rounder installation. Or am I wrong here?