cwm123

Putting Hikvision NVR firmware onto Lorex NVR

I've been trolling through the many postings here looking for a bit more specifics on getting and putting the Hikvision version of their NVR firmware onto the Lorex branded unit. Although this is mentioned a lot, I can't find real specifics anywhere. Can someone who has done this weigh in with a quick "how to"?

Thanks!

I've been trolling through the many postings here looking for a bit more specifics on getting and putting the Hikvision version of their NVR firmware onto the Lorex branded unit. Although this is mentioned a lot, I can't find real specifics anywhere. Can someone who has done this weigh in with a quick "how to"?

I posted this a while ago.

viewtopic.php?p=227863#p227863

I can not get the NVR-POE switch working, so I use the LAN with a POE switch of my own, don't know why yet.

It takes some getting going, might not be worth it.

But it seemed to fixed a motion detection grid configurations in the NVR.

I can not get the NVR-POE switch working, so I use the LAN with a POE switch of my own, don't know why yet.
Two thoughts on the PoE problem you mention based on this mention in the release notes:
10. ..... User name and password should be admin/12345, IP address should be in the same segment of POE NIC IP (192.168.254.1 is default IP address).
The Hikvision firmware expects a default password of 12345, not the Lorex default of 000000. Seems like this is the big deal using any none Lorex camera with the stock unit -- changing the password.

Also, the release notes say the PoE network ports got an IP address change in 5.0. Although the NVR "should" find the camera regardless of the IP address range maybe changing them to the 192.168.254 segment will help.

My follow-up questions: has anyone been able to change from Lorex to Hikvision firmware on these units without needing a serial reset code to get the NVR going again?

Also, who/how did you contact Hikvision to get this code when you needed it?

Thanks.

If I were to do it again, I'd perform a factory default reset, change the password to the default 12345 and then flash the version: DS-76xxNI-SE(P) Baseline Firmware V2.2.4_130328

As this is most like the Lorex version.

Maybe if done this way, the nvr won't get messed up and the admin id won't get deleted. The serial code reset is needed to recreate the admin id.

See that post above to know which serial number of your device to give to HikvisionUSA, the email is on their site for support.

Use the SADP app to grab the date if needed, see the post.

I have changed everything to use the default Hikvision passwords.

I have tried this baseline version since.

This baseline version worked fine, the NVR-POE swtch worked fine, just as with the Lorex.

These two version did mention about fixing network issues with cameras, but they broke them for me.

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_V2.3.3_130604

DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_V2.3.3_130620

Just found this, which I haven't tried.

Europe V2.3.4 build 130715

Thanks, I thought I used to see those listed.

Let us know if you did update yours to a Hikvision version.

With the default Lorex version, I had issues with the web interface showing the motion detection grids and with its reading back the video settings once set, when returning to that page.

Just tried, Europe V2.3.4 build 130715, working ok so far, haven't tried the network switch.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/DVR%20NVR/DS-76xxNI-SE/

I think the 'event' video stream type has been removed, can you check if that is in your version?

I was never sure what it did and always set it to the same as the main stream.

I have never missed the event stream. You would use it when recording 24/7 at a lower quality, and then you want to record at a higher quality when there is any event (motion detection or alarm).

Has anyone else updated the firmware on their lorex NVR to the Hikvision version and not had issues with the PoE ports and/or require getting a serial reset code?

JoeyJoey, did the PoE ports end up working on your Lorex NVR with the "Europe V2.3.4 build 130715" firmware? I'm just about to hook up all my Lorex cameras (i've flashed them individually to the hikvision 5.0 firmware and have been running a few independently on a separate PoE switch to config and aim them in preparation to plugging them all into the NVR) but want to be able to record at 3MP and the stock Lorex firmware doesn't allow that.

JoeyJoey, did the PoE ports end up working on your Lorex NVR with the "Europe V2.3.4 build 130715" firmware? I'm just about to hook up all my Lorex cameras (i've flashed them individually to the hikvision 5.0 firmware and have been running a few independently on a separate PoE switch to config and aim them in preparation to plugging them all into the NVR) but want to be able to record at 3MP and the stock Lorex firmware doesn't allow that.

Firmware V2.2.4 worked fine, V2.3.4 did not.

There was one other user on here that did flash their NVR with the Hikvision firmware, he had issues with the cameras not working also.

Please let us know what happens with your update.

Are you going to flash to the Europe V2.3.4 build 130715 first?

I would flash V2.2.4 first if I were you.

I have gone back and forth, trying the 3 versions mentioned, had no issues doing that.

Edit: fixed versions mentioned.

Edited by Guest

Yep that firmware worked fine, it looks almost the same as the Lorex version.

It was the newer ones where I had issues, in their release notes they mention where they have fixed network issues, but with mine they broke things.

when you say "It was the newer ones where I had issues," is there a newer version than the V2.3.4 build 130715 that you tried to flash? That's the latest I see on hikvision europe's download page.

Yep that firmware worked fine, it looks almost the same as the Lorex version.

It was the newer ones where I had issues, in their release notes they mention where they have fixed network issues, but with mine they broke things.

when you say "It was the newer ones where I had issues," is there a newer version than the V2.3.4 build 130715 that you tried to flash? That's the latest I see on hikvision europe's download page.

Sorry I made a mistake in that post.

What I mean to say is that DS-76xxNI-SE(P) Baseline Firmware V2.2.4_130328 worked ok with POE internal switch.

NOT V2.3.4. I shall edit that post now.

ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

i'll start with the 2.2.4 build 103328 first. If all goes well with that, i'll give 2.2.5 and 2.3.4 a try as well...curious to see if my PoE ports stop working in the later versions, too.

i upgraded to 2.2.4 (130328) and 2.2.5 (130507) fine, but going to 2.3.4 (130715) changed the IP address of the NVR to 100.100.110.115 so I tried to change it in SADP but 123456 or 000000 for the password didn't work (tried to connect to it from within iVMS-4200 as well with no luck).

Sounds like I need to get a serial/reset code at this point, or is there a way to downgrade the firmware in this state?

i upgraded to 2.2.4 (130328) and 2.2.5 (130507) fine, but going to 2.3.4 (130715) changed the IP address of the NVR to 100.100.110.115 so I tried to change it in SADP but 123456 or 000000 for the password didn't work (tried to connect to it from within iVMS-4200 as well with no luck).

Sounds like I need to get a serial/reset code at this point, or is there a way to downgrade the firmware in this state?

I assume that you have powered off and on, and still no luck?

As bad as it sounds, I'm glad that you had the same issue as me, to confirm the problems.

It is possible that the admin account has now been deleted from your system.

To verify this, hook up a local monitor and mouse, on the account user id pulldown will now list no user ids.

I'm guessing that none are listed anymore.

So you need to get a reset code from HikvisionUSA.

First use the SADP/iVMS app, scan for devices, the NVR will be listed with cameras (if on the LAN).

There is a date column, listed will be most likely 1970-1-1, if it is some other date in the future, reboot the NVR, look at the date again.

It should eventually be 1970.

With that date and the serial number of the NVR, send them to support, ask for the reset code. They will respond within a day.

See my previous posts about which serial number to send to them.

[http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=227863#p227863]

Once you have that code, enter it into either SADP/iVMS. You will now be able to go back and forth between those firmware versions listed.

The one next to the newest will be give you an error about not being able to update, ignore that error, as it gives that always.

Let us know.

i haven't powered cycled it yet. I'll give it a try when I get home this evening & hook it up to my TV to see if the admin account is gone as you experienced.

yeah, sucks for me to experience this as well, but it likely confirms that is wasn't a one-off fluke on your end that v2.3.4 (130715) borks the Lorex

I already sent a serial reset code request to hikvisionusa with my S/N based on your other post, but my start date was today's date....will need to check if it changes to 1970-1-1 after a power cycle.

what firmware version are you running now?

BTW, did you ever try the firmware listed on the company that rhymes with belly's website? They have 2.3.3 130620 which hik europe doesn't list (DS-76xxNI-SE(P) USA Firmware_V2.3.3_130620.zip)

Got the serial reset code from hikvision and got my NVR accessible again. Couldn't connect to the cams with 2.3.4 (130715) so I tried to downgrade via the web UI but it kept hanging when attempting to access the web UI (only a partial page would load and the NVR seemed to reboot since it would make the long beep after waiting a little bit).

Eventually got the firmware downgraded to 2.2.5 (130507) done via iVMS-4200. Uninstalled the webcomponents on my computer, reinstalled it and was able to access the web UI again.

I had a lorex cam (not updated to hik firmware yet) on port 1 of the NVR which wouldn't connect, even after changing the password on it from the lorex default 000000 to the hikvision default 12345. I decided to flash it to the hik v.5.0 firmware and made sure the password was updated to the hik default but still no luck (a hik v.5.0-flashed cam on port 2 connected fine). On a whim I unplugged it from port 1 and moved it to 3 and it connected. Left it at that, but need to connect the other cams to port 1 and see if it's something with the port, something with that particular cam, or maybe the 2.2.5 firmware.

Good stuff, glad you got it working again.

It is important to wipe the webcomponents from your pc, as as you found it can hang the camera web login.

It didn't seem to like a mix/match of v5.0 camera firmware and old NVR firmware, they seem to want to have both new or both old pairings.

I'm running the latest 2.3.4, I have tried other version listed on the Hikvision USA site too. But the 2.3.4 is the same on both sites.

So with 2.3.4 are you able to use any camera connected to the NVR-POE-Switch?

I couldn't, not unless I plugged one of those into my LAN, which quickly messed up my whole network. Tried that several times.

Did you notice how all 8 camera IP addresses are listed on the NVR web page now, even when one isn't installed. They certainly did change things.

So with 2.3.4 are you able to use any camera connected to the NVR-POE-Switch?

I couldn't, not unless I plugged one of those into my LAN, which quickly messed up my whole network. Tried that several times.

With 2.3.4 (130715) the cameras do work with the built in PoE switch (at least the 2 I have hooked up). I've got 2 cameras hooked up to the NVR and also plugged one of the NVR PoE ports back to my switch (I can see the cams listed in SADP).

I tried to manually assign IPs to each camera to an IP in my 192.168.1.* subnet -- assigned them static IPs on my router, entered the same respective IPs on the cameras and then turned DHCP off on the cameras, but for some reason the cameras keep changing back to a 192.168.254.* IP (the IP that the NVR dishes out)... Did you experience this, too, or have any thoughts on why the manual assignement is getting overridden?

For the 2 cameras that were plugged into the switch, what happens if you do not connect that poe-switch to your LAN? Do they still work?

How were the cameras configured, admin/12345?

The NVR does not assign the cameras using DHCP, it uses the Hikvision protocol, it doesn't use tcp/ip to configure them, at least initially.

Has anyone tried going back to a Lorex firmware for warranty purposes?

Just wondering if that's an option if there's a problem later.

I installed 2.3.4 and I can plug in Hikvision cameras into it that I reset to the initial port and IP settings. Its plug and play in that I plug the camera into the NVR, wait a few minutes and it connects.

When I try and use a camera that's on the same subnet as the NVR (not the internal PoE ports), like 192.168.0... it lets me manually configure, even finds in on search but doesn't let me connect to it, says "unable to reach network". Is this because of 2.3.4 or am I doing it wrong. I was trying to get an ACTi camera on there.

When I try and use a camera that's on the same subnet as the NVR (not the internal PoE ports), like 192.168.0... it lets me manually configure, even finds in on search but doesn't let me connect to it, says "unable to reach network". Is this because of 2.3.4 or am I doing it wrong. I was trying to get an ACTi camera on there.

For this camera, did you select the ACTi camera type?

Did you manually edit one of the 8 cameras, set it to manual, enter the IP address, camera type? Or use the search , I found the search method not able to enter the camera anymore, as all 8 slots are taken up by default. I had to edit a slot manually.

I use all my cameras on the LAN (none-POE switch) no problem with this firmware.

On the local UI, there is a ping command that will allow you to test the connection to the cameras or devices from the NVR.

I got Dahua cameras to work that were on my network together with Hikvison cameras plugged into the NVR. Works quite well but didn't put a hard drive on it as it's only with me a few days to get repaired (had to reset the admin account after a bad firmware update).

It accepts my ACTi E32 with ACTi selected, gives me the play button showing it's connected, but shows a blank screen. Maybe I could have turned ONVIF on the ACTi camera and have used it that way.

Is there a manual that coincides with the 2.3.4 release. I was only able to find the 2.3.3 manual and as you know, the menus are different.