ramcewan

experience with Honeywell Ademco 5800 vista triggering

I have a QC-808 system with 4 cameras. I would like to trigger them via PIR. I have been looking around and came across the Honeywell Ademco 5800 vista wireless system.

I am wondering if I can buy the wireless PIRs and a receiver such as the 5883 or 5881 and connect it to the alarm input?

I can't seem to find much info about the receivers as to whether or not they have a relay output but I am thinking that is the case.

If your going to go that route, the vista series panels has an onboard trigger. You can program the zone of the wireless motion to

be a 24 hour auxiliary zone, than program the onboard trigger to go ground if a 24 hour aux zone is triggered. Than, use an external relay to be triggered once the on board trigger goes ground. Use the external relay to trigger the DVR input and your set.

The honeywell motion and receiver alone will do you nothing.

If your going to go that route, the vista series panels has an onboard trigger. You can program the zone of the wireless motion to

be a 24 hour auxiliary zone, than program the onboard trigger to go ground if a 24 hour aux zone is triggered. Than, use an external relay to be triggered once the on board trigger goes ground. Use the external relay to trigger the DVR input and your set.

The honeywell motion and receiver alone will do you nothing.

okay so if I follow correctly I would need a the honeywell vista PIRs, vista receiver and vista panel as well, correct?

my DVR (QC-808) has alarm inputs would I connect the panel directly to the DVR or do I need a relay in between?

It is sounding like I might be better off with some form of stand alone PIRs to trigger the DVR?

Since you were asking about 5800 wireless, I thought you didn't want to or was unable to run a wire. If you can run a wire, than just purchase one hard wired motion and 12vdc power supply. Thats all you need. The motion will have a built in relay that you

can use to trigger your DVR.

Since you were asking about 5800 wireless, I thought you didn't want to or was unable to run a wire. If you can run a wire, than just purchase one hard wired motion and 12vdc power supply. Thats all you need. The motion will have a built in relay that you

can use to trigger your DVR.

Luckyfella,

Yeah I wanted to go wireless but I am getting lost trying to figure out what I need to have 2 wireless PIRs.

running wire is feasible the hard part is bringing power to where I want to put the PIRs.

If running wire to the motion is feasible, why is getting power there the hard part? I'm confused? You can run a four wire 22/4 from the dvr to the motion. The dvr is plugged into the wall, so you have an outlet there. Just plug in a 12vdc transformer and wire to the red/black and use the green/white of the 22/4 to trigger the motion. Going the wireless route will cost you more money cause you need more items. Another choice you might look into is an optex wireless driveway alert. It has a wireless motion and you plug in the receiver in your house. It will chime when there is motion and most of them have a relay output for an external signaling device. The only problem with that, is I don't think it lets you know when the battery is low in the motion like a honeywell system with a keypad would.

If running wire to the motion is feasible, why is getting power there the hard part? I'm confused? You can run a four wire 22/4 from the dvr to the motion. The dvr is plugged into the wall, so you have an outlet there. Just plug in a 12vdc transformer and wire to the red/black and use the green/white of the 22/4 to trigger the motion. Going the wireless route will cost you more money cause you need more items. Another choice you might look into is an optex wireless driveway alert. It has a wireless motion and you plug in the receiver in your house. It will chime when there is motion and most of them have a relay output for an external signaling device. The only problem with that, is I don't think it lets you know when the battery is low in the motion like a honeywell system with a keypad would.

Okay. I guess I thought the power needed to be closer. Would it be able to handle a 200 ft run?

A hard wired motion does not draw that much power. But there are certain things you can do just in general, even if it's anything else besides an alarm motion to help with long distance power. You can use heavier gauge wire and you can use a higher MA transformer. If the motion draws 100ma, try using a 200ma, etc.