Sign in to follow this  
BlackICE

Acti NVR 3.0 Recording Issue

I just purchased an ACTI E32 and installed NVR 3.0 on my PC. I've been playing around all day with the system and cannot seem the get the recording to work. The camera seems to work fine on "Live" however in "Playback" I can't see any recorded videos....it seems to just playback nothing. I've got it setup to make a "beep" alert when motion is detected. The alerts work fine when motion is passed by the camera but still no recording happening. Even when I click on "Manual Record" I see the red light come on as though it's recording but when I do a search nothing.

Can any of you NVR 3 users shed some light on what I'm doing wrong

Ok, I see where footage from "manual record" is showing up in the timeline so that's good. I also see where the Motion Detect video shows up in the timeline....I thought the red record light would come on for motion but I guess it doesn't. The thing that's still odd is that none of the video shows up when doing search...even if I have all the icons checked off, i.e. DI, Motion, Record etc.

I am as new as you are, but I just want to share my own experience with you. I think that you may have a problem with the storage and schedule settings.

1. Download "NVR3_Administrator_Manual_v3.0.05_AC_EN.pdf" from ACTi (I could not upload the file - 10MB).

2. Check Storage Management on page 78.

3. Check Schedule Recordings on page 60.

4. Check Configure Motion Settings on page 51.

I've had one E53, two E72s working well with NVR 3 (7/24 recording). It uses much less memory and CPU power than BlueIris. I stopped using it and have switched to MileStone XProtect Go.

MileStone XProtect Go uses more computer power than NVR 3, but still much less than BlueIris.

I now have three ACTi cameras (mentioned above), Foscam 8910W/9820W, and Sharx SCNC2700W. They all work well with MileStone XProtect Go. MileStone XProtect Go has better remote web client and Milestone Mobile Android app than others.

Good luck.

P.S I have had the Foscam 8910W/9820W, and Sharx SCNC2700W cameras from my CCTV Kindergarten class!!!

I find Milestone doesn't use up more CPU than ACTi for ACTi cameras, for other brands like Dahua yes.

But back to NVR3, by default, the recording schedule is set to constant record, you need to change that by clearing it and then selecting the light blue event recording. Also, check the cameras to see if they the motion detect zones are setup and change the 10% number to something lower like 6%.

Thanks for the help guys, I actually did have event recording set to light blue and also had motion detection set up. For whatever reason it still wasn't recording. I did a system reboot and tried again and things seem to be working fine now.

I've got to say I'm really liking NVR 3 so far. When I first started looking into replacing our old analog cameras I came to this forum and started doing some research. I initially thought I was going to go with Dahua cams, then I thought maybe Hikvision. But after seeing the poor reviews on the standalone NVR's I started leaning away from that and going the software route. Thanks to your excellent review site buellwinkle and the forum I finally settled in on Acti cams/software and ordered with Wrightwood Surveillance. I've been very pleased so far. I just need to get our electrician over to do a drop from the attic into my downstairs office and then order some more cams.