vaishali

how to improve video quality of CCTV on TV?

i have serious problem of video quality on TV. i have connected 4 LCD TVs through ( HDMI to video out spliiter ) to the computer. these TVs are placed 40 meter far from computer. RJ 6 cable is used for splitter to TV. i am getting very poor video quality. please suggest me solution.

images..JPG.6da9065cc9c28d642fe434b7ea300a75.JPG

Not quit clear how you have it all connected, but 40 meter HDMI cable run is pushing the limits. Try a 1 or 2 meter run as an experiment to see what happens.

You might be using the wrong type of splitter or it might have to be amplified. Try connecting the computer with the cameras DIRECTLY to the TV. If the picture is good, than start adding splitters and TV's one by one so you can tell when the picture

degrades.

Hi vaishali.

So does the HDMI to RCA splitter have four RCA outputs, and you're using separate RG6 cables from the splitter to each TV?

Or is it one cable from the splitter, and the TVs are tapped into the cable?

@luckyfella : I tried to connect the cameras directly with the computer. it is clear view showing.

but when i add splitter and 4 TVs ( which are placed far from splitter around 40- 50 meter) , the video quality degrades. also gain amlifier but not helped

@Horizon : Splitter had 4 output. i have connected 4 individual cable for each TV.

You need to do more process of eliminating. Connect the TV direct first, like you said. OK, clear picture. Now just connect the splitter while the TV is still close. This way you will know that it's not just the splitter causing grainyness. If it's clear, than bring computer back to original location, connect the splitter and just ONE tv. Go to the TV and see if it's good. If having ONE tv is not good, than it's a distance thing for the splitter because you had the splitter connected close to the TV and it was good. Can you see what I'm getting at on how to trouble shoot?

@luckyfella : sorry for late replying.. i was out for few days.

thank you so much for your great advice, as you have said to do process eliminating, i have checked one by one. when i connect TV directly with PC, getting clear picture. when i add splitter and 1 meter coaxial cable, poor picture quality on TV. that means problem is of HDMI splitter ( i.e. HDMI to RCA splitter). what should i do further to resolve this problem ?

@tesc_cctvpro : HDMI splitter is local make

Downconverting from HDMI to coax will drop the resolution.

Splitting (of an analog signal) will also drop the resolution.

If possible, keep the signal as digital (HDMI) rather than dropping to analog (ie: coax).

If you can go HDMI into your monitors, then you have some options:

You can use HDMI splitters, which replicate the signal from one input to multiple outputs.

You can also use HDMI over Cat5/Cat6 extenders, which allow you to run HDMI over long distances.

The problem with the HDMI extenders is they are not cheap (maybe around US$120 a set).

Depending on the location of your monitors relative to you DVR/NVR, you might consider running the long haul HDMI cable over an HDMI extender, and then using a powered HDMI splitter to run to your monitors.

Without knowing the exact distances between each of your devices, it's hard to give a final answer. HMDI can run about 15m before Arnold Schwarzenegger starts looking like Angela Lansbury.