slowmod01

MP camera w/bnc or rca video out

sorry to double-post, but maybe this will have better luck here..

is there a such thing as a semi-decent lower end ip camera that has both both network and bnc? I'm looking for $200-300 range with night vision, 1-2MP, preferably dome. dahua / qsee / or similar would work. I can find them all day long in the $500 range, just not lower, as most sites fail to list complete specs.

The Dahua HFW-3200C (2MP) or 3300C (3MP) have an analog BNC output. I've never used the one on mine, but you can enable or disable it in the firmware.

ETA: I plugged in my analog monitor input to the 3300C, and it looks pretty good. It's the same overall view as whatever the camera's set at, but with some trimmed off all around. The trimming is worse on widescreen modes, of course, since the analog output is non-widescreen.

ok, I am back on this again. I hit a dead end last time as my hybrid nvr ran out of camera spots, I have since moved to BI and have two analog domes to replace that also need to interface with an in-wall monitor.

can anyone recommend a decent priced dome MP camera with a bnc and/or composite output? the two referenced above were bullets, these will be within reach of a normal height person.

What is your budget?

Many manufactures have outdoor, vandal rated IP domes with test connector for bnc/composite video...

would prefer to stay around the $300 range if possible. on those Hikvision's, is that a test plug on the board for the bnc? what few pics I have found showing the camera with the cables online are only showing network and power pigtail.

would prefer to stay around the $300 range if possible. on those Hikvision's, is that a test plug on the board for the bnc? what few pics I have found showing the camera with the cables online are only showing network and power pigtail.

There is a test plug inside the camera.

The test connector is normally a temporary analog connection for the installer to test/configure/focus the camera with the cover open.

The video test monitor connector supplied with the Hikvision DS-2CD27XX series dome cameras is only about 8" long.

You will have to extend this cable assembly a little longer if you want the BNC to terminate outside the dome enclosure...

2051096455_HikvisionVideoTestConnector.JPG.35faeb615984dd152b59b929091b82a6.JPG

Ooops, sorry about that... I didn't read that you wanted to use the analog output all the time, so you need the cable connected.

You might have to do some hacking then, yes. It can be done with 2CD2732 (dome), but forget about the 2CD2632 (bullet).

I figured it would require some modification to plumb the wires through, but that's not a big deal. got a DS-2CD2732F-IS ordered. thanks for the recommendation.

The video test monitor connector is the two pin connector at the top (one o'clock position) CVBS on PCB.

If extending the test connector is not desired, route bare RG59 cable thru cable gland, into bottom dome threaded opening and install your BNC connector via compression or crimp.

When terminating your BNC connectors inside the dome, don't forget to insulate the assembly and take care with placement so you don't damage your lens, or move your lens settings when you close the cover...

1986382896_DS-2CD2712faceview.JPG.babf9792688c832fe5cea44f35852733.JPG

827069262_DS-2CD2712sideview.JPG.7132f0ca03a9bb1dc5243d12fab65a18.JPG

got the camera (thing is massive) and got everything hooked up and functional on both the svc output and ip feed, only question is should the image be black & white on the service feed or did I miss a setting somewhere? IP stream looks normal / good.

not sure why it displayed in b&w originally, but when I actually installed it today the svc output was in full color. accomplished exactly what I was looking for, again thanks for the input

Screenshot_2016-01-21-12-48-50.png.5d58b92b93e7f1a0ea78c9a2f118ca1d.png

20160121_124441.png.96d51af8e3013166029ff9331c00ed80.png

Nice install.

The IR cut filter gets stuck sometimes, so a power up/down cycle resets them usually...

Good job!

Yeah, maybe the IR filter was stuck, or the output of the camera is PAL/NTSC and you were first using another screen which was the wrong format?