keepsafe

Installing IP Camera for my residential home. How do I wire?

I will be installing IP Camera to my residential home where one camera is outside of my garage bricks, one inside garage and one at my side door entrance. How do I route these cables to the inside of my living room or my house without drilling an exposed hole? I don't want to damage my foundation so how do you professional route this cable into the house?

Usually pro drill holes but if you think hole very scary then just open window in living room and run cables like this.

I dont know why homeowner so scared of drilling hole. You should be more scared about scary things not some small hole in your brick faced wood frame house. I mean seriously...

I will be installing IP Camera to my residential home where one camera is outside of my garage bricks, one inside garage and one at my side door entrance. How do I route these cables to the inside of my living room or my house without drilling an exposed hole? I don't want to damage my foundation so how do you professional route this cable into the house?

Get a quality masonry bit and drill the hole as required. My only advice is don't force the drill bit, let the tool do the work and drill at low speed. Once the hole is drilled then just make sure you seal it up with good quality (rain proof) silicone and use the correct size feed thru bushing to keep it nice and clean. Here is a source for the bushing, but they are literally hundreds of places to buy these for half of this price or less. This bushing goes on the OUTSIDE of your house!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_303051-63374-VH144R_0__?productId=3724184

I'm very new to CCTV so I'll happily stand corrected on any points I make.

But do you mean IP Camera as in IP protection rating i.e. IP66 or IP as in Internet Protocol?

I've installed a couple of IP66 rated wired cams for my garage, but if you really don't want to drill holes then there must be a way to install some wireless IP66 rated cams to run with a DVR.

Lots of IP wireless cams online but as far as I know these will require a wifi router, but I have also seen something when I was looking to buy a DVR, so you can add a wireless transmitter to a standard cctv cam and receiver at the DVR end, but I think this setup would be less secure and perhaps possible to hack into that signal possibly.

I'm very new to CCTV so I'll happily stand corrected on any points I make.

But do you mean IP Camera as in IP protection rating i.e. IP66 or IP as in Internet Protocol?

I've installed a couple of IP66 rated wired cams for my garage, but if you really don't want to drill holes then there must be a way to install some wireless IP66 rated cams to run with a DVR.

Lots of IP wireless cams online but as far as I know these will require a wifi router, but I have also seen something when I was looking to buy a DVR, so you can add a wireless transmitter to a standard cctv cam and receiver at the DVR end, but I think this setup would be less secure and perhaps possible to hack into that signal possibly.

Alien,

The OP meant ip cameras ie. network cams. No one refers to ip66 rated cams as ip cams. Wireless is a bad idea. First there are always signal/bandwidth issues. Second you have to run power to the camera so you may as well run one Ethernet cable and use POE.

Cutting drywall, drilling into masonry, siding, stucco, that's just part of getting a clean professional look. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. Just hire professional electricians that not only have the know how, but also have specialized tools to minimize collateral damage.