Hello there,

Anyone with experience from VEO ip cameras - good or bad.

Are they only DIY, or could they be used in small CCTV installations?

Regards

Jensen

Main problem is the MJPEG compression which needs high streaming bandwidth and huge recording storage space,

what if it is in a shop with normal lighting conditions and a dedicated video network?

Any drawbacks besides low lux and framerate?

Regards

Jensen

guess it will be fine, but for a little bit more, you can get the Dlink DCS-5300 which comes with MPEG4 compression and 270 degrees pan. the MPEG4 compression will save you quite a bit on hard disk strorage and this should compensate the initial higher cost.

as a guide, MJPEG compression needs 5 times more bandwidth and hard disk storage, compared to MPEG4 system.

what if it is in a shop with normal lighting conditions and a dedicated video network?

Any drawbacks besides low lux and framerate?

Regards

Jensen

guess it will be fine, but for a little bit more, you can get the Dlink DCS-5300 which comes with MPEG4 compression and 270 degrees pan.

I have never tried the D-Link, but what I have read and heard, it does not get the best recommendations.

Regards

Jensen

like the Veo Observer, the Dlink DCS-5300G is also not a serious IP surveillance system., both are good for home or maybe small office usage, that's why you don't get much recommendation for them.

So over here I am just putting the Veo and the Dlink side by side, in this case, Dlink is definitely a better system than Veo, for the fact that it is employing MpEG4 Short Header, or H263 compression system, comparing to the rather outdated MJPEG system used by VEO.