CSScarlos

block the pc from unwanted apps.

Hi you all,

We install pc based cctv. I'm tired of the want to be IT pro. installing and changing settings in the systems we leave at the customer location. We clearly ask not to make any changes in the computers but it happens over and over. we found all kind of applications that compromise the stability of the system. Doesn't any one knows how to block users from changing, installing or saving settings in winxp home. preferable in the registry?

You input greatly appreciated

You can eliminate people from installing applications by setting up the system with you as the administrator. Then you create a user account for them to use. This will take care of them installing stuff you don’t want them too, creating headaches for you.

Don’t know how technically inclined you are, but you can search Google for Permission settings under Windows. This should help you figure out how to set the system up so only you can install programs.

leave it in a user mode in full screen, so they cant minimize.

And lock it up somewhere so they cant do anything else to it ...

Better yet, have them sign a waiver that says any service required will be billed accordingly, if IT staff touches the settings of the DVR or installs any additional software. - Make some money off them

If the card your using allows you to do what Rory said, then that is the easiest solution.

As long as they don't prevent the DVR software from running and gain access to the system.

What card(s) are you using?

I think we'll start by creating a user for Windows and keeping the administrator permissions for us.

I've google for any settings in the registry to block any applications or changes made to the system I've got very little, some staff any 14yo can figure out how to unblock.

A few years back I visited a customer site to troubleshoot his computer and the company which sold it had block the whole system from the registry.

I'm looking for these tweaks.