Sign in to follow this  
icamera

Blue Iris Socket Error - Hikvision OEM - Wrightwood

I lose picture for 5-10 seconds on the "Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I" Dome.

The screen shows "80007246 (Socket error)"

After 5-10 seconds the image from the camera is restored.

Anyone had similar problems of losing video on Blue Iris?

I dont know if this is a problem with Blue Iris or with the camera itself.

I have upgraded the firmware to V5.0.2 130805.

The camera is a NC-KDO32 (OEM Hikvision purchased from Wrightwood)

Buellwinkle has been very helpful in providing upgrade firmware files and support.

Just want to know if this is a common issue and if others have experienced and how to resolve...

Thanks.

P.S - I also have a Dahua IPC-HDB3200c (2MP Dome and I do not have this problem with that camera)

I have two of the NC-KDO32 in my system with BI and have not seen that problem yet. One of my cameras is acting a little funny, but it has not dropped offline yet. It's hard to explain what it is doing. At random times, it looks like the camera switches WDR on and off every second for different durations of time.

I also have an ACTI E44 that works great.

I just installed two more NC-KDO32 cameras at my moms, with BI and no issues at her place as of yet.

Might be a camera issue?

If you have two cameras, swap them, this will enable you to test the switch and cable to see if there are any issues with them. I have not tested BlueIris with the new 5.0.2 Hikvision firmware so don't know if there's a common bug.

What firmware are you using? I downgraded from V5.02 to firmware V5.00 so far no problems. Will have to wait untill night time to see if this has anything to do with IR current draw and POE not being able to supply sufficient power or if this was a firmware issue (V5.02)

If you have two cameras, swap them, this will enable you to test the switch and cable to see if there are any issues with them. I have not tested BlueIris with the new 5.0.2 Hikvision firmware so don't know if there's a common bug.

The one that came with the camera, LOL. I only upgraded one camera to help troubleshoot issues people were having, but never used it since. Firmware updates are a double edged sword. It may fix some issues and introduce new issues. I only do them on my cameras if I have to to solve a problem, to risky just to do it for fun. I just updated a bunch of year old Mobotix cams with problems but only after 2 weeks of trying to troubleshoot an issue and nobody from support getting back to me, I was lucky, didn't brick any and it fixed the problem but I have other models that have 4 year old firmware, would never think of updating because they all work.

I lose picture for 5-10 seconds on the "Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I" Dome.

The screen shows "80007246 (Socket error)"

After 5-10 seconds the image from the camera is restored.

Anyone had similar problems of losing video on Blue Iris?

I dont know if this is a problem with Blue Iris or with the camera itself.

I have upgraded the firmware to V5.0.2 130805.

The camera is a NC-KDO32 (OEM Hikvision purchased from Wrightwood)

Buellwinkle has been very helpful in providing upgrade firmware files and support.

Just want to know if this is a common issue and if others have experienced and how to resolve...

Thanks.

P.S - I also have a Dahua IPC-HDB3200c (2MP Dome and I do not have this problem with that camera)

I have the same exact problem, take a look at this link…

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=5237.0

After running stable during a few day the problem is back again but only a few time a day.

I have 2 of these running under BI (not Wrightwood, but virtually identical), running 5.0.0, and don't see these issues.

One of mine had dropped off-line for several hours yesterday, but it was down hard. It wouldn't respond to a ping or connect via browser, and BI resets made no difference, though the switch LEDs were still blinking away. I finally power-cycled it and it came back on-line.

This is a little concerning, as none of my other IP cams have done this over the years, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and see if it happens any more.