Sign in to follow this  
gonzogg

Axxon Next

I have been playing around with Axxon Next and I have to say that is difficult to setup, but once is setup it seen to work. I am having an issue with recording/archive, it looks like it record at a very low fps, like 0.5 or 0.66 fps, even though is setup to record at 15 fps. I read, this may be a known issue when the cameras are detected as ONVIF and video compression is H.264, but I want it to know if anybody have this issue and knows a work around. I have opened a support ticket with Axxon.

I am using Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I OEM cameras (Dyretek NC-KBU32)

I record using Milestone XProtect using ONVIF with Dahua cameras and do not have an issue with frame rate. Also used it with Synology and it too had no issues with Dahua and frame rate.

I'm sorry, had Dahua on the brain, yes, I have both, Dahua and Hikvision on Milestone XProtect. I removed the Hikvision bullet which has the 12mm lens and moved it to another property and waiting to replace it but it worked fine via ONVIF.

I though Dahua was a re-brand of Hikvision, that's why I asked if there was a compatible model, because Axxon has Dahua drivers as well

I found this on the Axxon documentation, but I don't think I can change this settings on these cameras.

Attention!

When a video stream with inter-frame compression (MPEG4 and H.264) is downsampled, only the key frames are preserved. This can cause a large decrease in the frame rate in recorded video (to 2 - 3 fps). If this occurs, we advise you to use such codecs as MJPEG and Motion Wavelet.

Don't know how, but is working now, I have tried many, many settings. This software is confusing, but the more I play with, the more I like it. LOL