radarthis

Dedicated Micros DS2 Add Hard Drive

Does anyone know how to add a slave drive to a M2IP DS2? It has a 500 gb drive standard and I'm trying to add another 500gb drive. I purchased a Startech SATA>IDE adapter, set the jumper to slave. I formatted the new drive in FAT32 following instructions found on another post. I installed the drive into the spare bay and used the slave connection on the main hard drive's IDE cable and connected power.

I then booted from the upgrade CD, go to the format option and D: shows up. I select "format", it does it's thing and then reboots.

I would then expect to see around 1TB of primary space in the menu screen now, however it still only shows the 500gb and not the additional one. If I go into Disk Management, both drives are listed as 500gb, but the new drive doesn't have the "use for video storage" box checked. If I toggle it on and then reboot, I get the same results and the system even "unchecks" the box on the new drive.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to format all the drives? I was trying to leave the existing setup intact and only format the new D: one. Would that change anything?

I've searched everywhere and am not having much luck. This can't be this difficult.

Any advice would be VERY appreciated! Thanks so much.

I figured it out, however it was a bit more than just the normal procedure. You have to ftp in to the dvr and edit a video config file that contains partition information. This one only had entries for C:. Once I added one for D: it worked as expected and now shows that it is using the extra drive.