Sign in to follow this  
wkdwrx

cameras getting power but no video

hi thanks for reading this just a few questions . I was given some cameras cause they are faulty . theres a few dome and a few bullet . the domes have leds and same as bullets.

the problem is they are faulty . he said they may be fixable .now when connect power and connect the bnc there is no picture . but if put your finger over the ir the leds turn on so there is power going to the cameras . could it possibly be dodgey bnc ends on the camera ? I have pulled a couple of the cameras apart unply and plug the connectors and still no video .

any help or ideas would be excellent

1953502128_(KGrHqN!k0FClQoqm9JBQ9iEEFp4Q60_12.jpg.60025df05eef31d3110c61a40e7d01ec.jpg

hi thanks for reading this just a few questions . I was given some cameras cause they are faulty . theres a few dome and a few bullet . the domes have leds and same as bullets.

the problem is they are faulty . he said they may be fixable .now when connect power and connect the bnc there is no picture . but if put your finger over the ir the leds turn on so there is power going to the cameras . could it possibly be dodgey bnc ends on the camera ? I have pulled a couple of the cameras apart unply and plug the connectors and still no video .

any help or ideas would be excellent

A few questions - are these 12Vdc , 24Vac or dual voltage? Is the camera board warm when powered up? Do you have a multimeter & test monitor?

Camera Specifications:

•Image Sensor

1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD2

•Lens Size

2.8 - 12mm

•System

PAL

•Valid Image

976(H) x 582(V)

•Resolution (Horizontal)

700TV Line

•LED

21pcs

•IR Irradiation Distance

20m

•Video Connection

BNC

•Video Output

1.0V(p-p)(75 Ohm, Negative)

•S/N Ratio

>52dB

•Minimum Illumination

0.001Lux/F1.2

•Electronic Shutter

1/50~1/100,000sec

•Operating Temperature

-10ºC to +50ºC, RH 95% Max

•Input Power

12V DC ( ± 10%) / 350mA

•Dimensions

Diameter 127(W) x 127(D) x 95(H)

Ok, so they are 12Vdc. The camera board should be warm to touch. If not the camera is shot. If this is the case & you are going to be playing around with cameras a bit then there are lots of salvageable parts. Dome body , IR led board , and camera lens.

Like most modern MSMC electronics it is not worth the time , effort or expense to try for a repair.

now how do a replace a bnc on camera end ? I thought there were the same as bnc leads get rg59 cable but they are not its a yellow wire and a black wire or do I need one of these in pic

1288243014_(KGrHqFHJCkFG-(MQ3kZBR)wMYgw2!60_57.thumb.jpg.6519c076c2fbd59d0b964b20151ff89a.jpg

thrres about 10 cameras that do it turn on have power leds work the circutboard gets warm but no video

oh and 1 camera works perfect but the menu is stuck on I have swap a lead over from another dome camera and did nothing when puh the little control up and down nothing happens its just stuk on\

but lets focus on the other problem first getting power and no video

The IR's most likely have a different power source than the camera itself so just because the IR's come on, means nothing. More than likely, the video processor of the camera is blown and if your not a rocket scientist, throw the camera in the garbage, or use

it as an external IR source for a different camera.

now how do a replace a bnc on camera end ? I thought there were the same as bnc leads get rg59 cable but they are not its a yellow wire and a black wire or do I need one of these in pic

One of those would do as a temporary measure but I'm guessing they are shot which is why you were given them in the first place.