atari37

Help needed with video quality

I wasn't getting my Q-See NVR to detect motion from my Derytech/Hikvision dome and bullet cameras so I decided to flash the firmware on one of the cameras. I had already flashed the firmware on my NVR without any luck so naturally, this was my next step.

I successfully flashed the Derytech dome with the latest Hikvision V5.0.2 130805 firmware and was happy to see the motion detection finally work on my NVR. However, the video quality looks terrible now and I'm not sure what the problem is. I've reset the camera to factory default twice but that hasn't helped. I'm attaching two images of the configuration and the video quality. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot1.png.0e6155ca1522882c7ba227e062753524.png

screenshot2.png.5e56ba992f59e5fb2c1fb71eb92a5697.png

That's a feature of the new firmware, LOL. Seriously, my guess is that while mounting it, some connector got lose or you pinched a cable putting the dome back on. Take it down, take the dome off, take the black plastic cover off (i pinch it a certain way and it pops off) and go to all the ribbon cable connection points and make sure they are seated well. I've had this happen on other brands of domes as well, it's why I hate recommending domes to newbies, they can be a pain in some regards and this small dome is very tight and the cables can get pinched or pulled while reassembling it. I love the form factor, just too small for it's own good, LOL.

Actually, the camera is not mounted. It's just sitting on my Blu-Ray player in my living room. I remember moving it around on the Blu-Ray player to test out the motion detect feature. I will play around with the cable to see if that helps. Thanks

Actually, the camera is not mounted. It's just sitting on my Blu-Ray player in my living room. I remember moving it around on the Blu-Ray player to test out the motion detect feature. I will play around with the cable to see if that helps. Thanks

Can also be NTSC & PAL issue.

It wasn't the cable so I will have to check the NTSC & PAL setting when I get home.

BTW. Where is the setting for NTSC/PAL?

Oh crap. I think you are absolutely right. Something just hit me. I couldn't find the firmware on the US website last night so I downloaded the version for the European website and that will definitely be PAL.

Can anyone point me to the firmware page on the Hikvision USA page? Thanks