pvansh

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I vs Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

Hi There,

Looking to setup a 5 camera system for my new home. I'm a newbie to security cameras but in a bit of research I've done I've come across the following 2 models. I'd love to hear thoughts and comments on both. Also recommendations for matching (non-PoE) NVRs are welcome! I'll most likely be buying everything from Alibaba/Aliexpress.

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I

Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Looking to setup a 5 camera system for my new home. I'm a newbie to security cameras but in a bit of research I've done I've come across the following 2 models. I'd love to hear thoughts and comments on both. Also recommendations for matching (non-PoE) NVRs are welcome! I'll most likely be buying everything from Alibaba/Aliexpress.

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I

Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

Thanks in advance!

Is varifocal important or night time view? Because this will give better night time effect DS-2CD3332(D)-I.

Hi There,

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I

Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

Thanks in advance!

Is varifocal important or night time view? Because this will give better night time effect DS-2CD3332(D)-I.

Both do matter. I believe the 2CD272F has varifocal and IR. Is the night vision not that great?

How does this compare with the Dahua?

Any recommendations on where to purchase from?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-I

Dahua IPC-HDBW3300

Thanks in advance!

Both do matter. I believe the 2CD272F has varifocal and IR. Is the night vision not that great?

How does this compare with the Dahua?

Any recommendations on where to purchase from?

Thanks.

For me when it comes to IR, I prefer those that don't have curve cover. They tend to give some reflections after some time when dust or whatever deposit onto the curve dome cover. Flat or no glass like the DS-2CD3332(D)-I is my prefer choice. And if you can test out the area that you are going to fix the IPC, you can always choose the appropriate lens size instead of getting varifocal.

But that's not a vandal dome, can be poked at with a stick and shifted or damaged. I would imagine the OP selected those two camera based on being varifocal and being vandal domes.

As for Hikvision vs. Dahua, Hikvision to me tends to have clearer sharper images, Dahua tends to have better IR illumination and better noise control, but poor color accuracy and a softer image. It may come down to your personal preference and price.

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!

I'm leaning towards the Hikvision cameras (based on reviews and pricing) but I'm not sure what NVRs they will work with. Would a Dahua NVR support Hikvision cameras? If not, any other suggestions? I'm thinking of ordering from China and I haven't seen too many Hikvision NVRs to choose from.

I'm leaning towards the Hikvision cameras (based on reviews and pricing) but I'm not sure what NVRs they will work with. Would a Dahua NVR support Hikvision cameras? If not, any other suggestions? I'm thinking of ordering from China and I haven't seen too many Hikvision NVRs to choose from.

Yes it will work via the Onvif protocol but it will only do full time recording, motion record is not supported.

Added:30/9

Just tested the HIK with Dahua NVR & motion recording is working on both the K&D TI based IPC & HIK IPC

Edited by Guest

What's a decent NVR that supports Hikvision and Dahua as well as many other cameras is a Synology NAS with Surveillance Station. Since my review they have added support for 3MP cameras.