Sign in to follow this  
Citizenbushido

NewMember first post/rage rant & a question or two.

Have ya ever been so damn mad you just wanted to toss the pc right out the window? So, I own a small pub & some other stuff. I have about 32 everfocus analog cameras that I've been happy with, but I wanted to give one of the fancy smancy new IP cameras out. Last week I got a new Axis p3367 and a 214 ptz...I have just had the worst damn luck... I spent about 5 hours today mucking around with the 214 to get it set up so I could see how it would work in my low light situation. The camera is Epic! I love it, but I simply do not understand there software design. It's like the intentionally went out of there way to make it annoying. Odds are that it's me and the fact that i'm not really familiar with the software, but God damn...

SO let me get this right.... The p3367 will work with Camera Companion, but the 214ptz will not. The 214 works with the camera station client...but it does not have the features that that the browser mode has! If I want to ptz with the 214 than I need to use the browser unless I want to only use the digital zoom feature that the station client has...Then I set the damn thing to record to my hard drive for the night as a test....rest of the night goes by and i'm chilling in my house and I start to hear the typical end of the night, bar letting out crap...then I hear what sounds like a fight going on...so I hop up all excited that i'm going to get to use the new ZOOOM feature & this point i'm giddy that these guys are going to go at it so I can get it on camera. I see the whole damn fight & it was a good one...3 cop cars and an ambulance later everything is winding down. I go to view the video in the Camera Station Client &&&& what do you know....no damn video....So my hopes and dreams of smug IP camera superiority came crashing down...no video...but then I find it on my hard drive in a bunch of ACIS files! ACIS FILES!!! WTF...ok, so what ever, I google how to open them...My faith in humanity is starting to be restored with the hope that I still might have this braw in tape......BUT NOOOOOOOOO for what ever reason that only the CCTV gods know of...it only started recording AFTER the police rolled up...I watched the entire damn thing through the camera, but it only started recording AFTER everything was all over.

So now I'm too my question. Who here in this forum is a Axis camera GOD? I'm looking for someone that I can pay to consult me over the phone on the particulars if setting this one 214 up right. I have more money that free time so it's worth it to me to talk to a knowledgeable person who can simply and quickly walk me through it over the phone. If anyone is interested in helping out then send me a PM & I'll get back to you.

Sorry about my horrific grammar and spelling, it's late and I have a 2 month old screaming her head off.

Hey Tom, Thank you for the suggestion. I think thats what I'm going to do with my current system. However I do plan on keeping the 2 new Axis cameras that I got. I was blown away at how good the Axis 214 looked when I was watching my last braw. Now I just need to learn the particular on setting up the software. Any suggestions on VMS for axis or should I stick with Axis Camera Companion? : ) thanks in advance for any suggestions.