aibudo

Netgear/Frontier 7550 router port fordwarding issue

Router: Netgear/Frontier 7550

Have done hundreds of port forwarding dvr's to internet, but must be missing something here.

Figured that Frontier must be blocking 80, so changed it to 81. Still can not see the WAN address with "canyouseeme" or remotely at another location. Anyone who is acquainted with Frontier and this router have some help for me on this? What am I missing?.

Update: Client contacted Frontier and they sent out a tech. He couldn't figure it out either, He called his supervisor and he couldn't access their router. Decided to try a static address and start over. They're supposed to get back with me after the static address is setup. The router is only a few weeks old, but maybe it's got a problem.

A Frontier technical manager came to the site and after about 2 hours or so, we got the DVR to be accessible from the outside world. Evidently due to security issues with Frontier Business Class, you can not use the address that you see when you use "whatismyip". That is the right address for the router, but you are not allowed to access it. They added another "layer" within the router, a different address that was a WAN address, both for the "gateway" and "ip address". The DVR saw the LAN gateway and IP, but that is not useable and you have to use the WAN address within the DVR and router given to you by Frontier. They then entered a range of DNS addresses of 40 to 41. Too complicated to explain it all here, but now it works. So,,,,,be aware that if you are having a problem with Frontier Business Class, contact Frontier to have an internet tech come directly to your site. That is supposed to be a "pay" service, but in my case the tech probably felt sorry for me, turned out to be a great guy and he got it working by taking instructions over the phone with his superior. Even with those instructions,it didn't work until the tech at our site programmed the router with the range of DNS of 40 to 41, instead of just one, of which he tried 40 only and it didn't work.