Sign in to follow this  
sekhonjatt

I cannot view live video from my home network.. HELP !!

So I have two DVR's each with 950GB HD holding 19 cameras in total at my business location. So the other day I was trying to figure out a problem for my PTZ camera and i was messing around with the settings. Later when I went back home and tried to access the cameras remotely; I could only access cameras on DVR-2 but cannot access DVR-1. It says wrong user id or password.

But heres the catch, if i enter the same information at my business PC with same user id and password it works but when i try to access it remotely then only DVR-2 works. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how can I solve this problem.

Thank you in advance for me helping me

You might have denied access for remote viewing for that user. Or, your caps lock is on, Or, you changed a network setting and thats just the mssg that comes up if you do not hit the DVR remotely. Go to your office, and check all the settings, thats all.

That sound like a network issue. Since you probably use the same credentials at home and at work.

Do you have DDNS enabled and configured on the DVR? Has the public IP changed? Is port forwarding still configured and lastly verify that you're connecting to the right port number from home. Unlikely but perhaps you rebooted the DVR and lost some of the old configurations?