JackoA

Axis 215 not pinging through switch.

Hi all,

I have a previously super-reliable Axis 215 that has provided 2+ years of trouble-free service. Yesterday, the camera went offline. I have performed some detective work and here are my findings:

If I attempt to 'ping' the camera when plugged into the switch, I receive a 'Destination host unreachable' message.

If I plug the camera directly into my laptop, I can then ping the camera and view its 'Login' page.

I can ping all other cameras attached to the switch with no issues.

I have tried:

Rebooting the switch

Powering off the camera

Using a different switch port

Any other ideas? I'm hopeful that the Axis isn't dead as I can ping it when connected directly to my Laptop.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have a previously super-reliable Axis 215 that has provided 2+ years of trouble-free service. Yesterday, the camera went offline. I have performed some detective work and here are my findings:

If I attempt to 'ping' the camera when plugged into the switch, I receive a 'Destination host unreachable' message.

If I plug the camera directly into my laptop, I can then ping the camera and view its 'Login' page.

I can ping all other cameras attached to the switch with no issues.

I have tried:

Rebooting the switch

Powering off the camera

Using a different switch port

Any other ideas? I'm hopeful that the Axis isn't dead as I can ping it when connected directly to my Laptop.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Have you checked the wire from the switch to the camera, might of been damaged