hagar

prokam ptz

Hi, I am a new member and was hoping someone can help. I have just purchased a prokam 8ch dvr and have cameras set up but cant get the ptz to work. On my old ptz controller I had to set the protocol, pelco D, the baud rate 9600 and the com port which was 3. On prokam it asks for Data bit, stop bit, verify and address. can anyone tell me how to get the ptz working? If I connect RS twisted pair cables back to old controller with Pelco D baud rate 9600 and com 3 it works . The camera I am using is a Samsung 2700

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks

Mike

Typically, in the dvr you go into the ptz settings, choose which channel your ptz is on, and in your case you'd set it as-

Pelco-D

Baud rate- 9600

Parity- none

Stop bit- 8

As far as the address, when it's hooked up to your controller, you can take a look at the cameras system menu and check the address you have set. All that info is usually listed when you restart the camera too, which you could write down as you see it. Maybe it's 3, so try an address of 3 in the dvr ptz page and see if you have it. If every setting is matched up with the camera and dvr, then try reversing the 485 wire in the back of the dvr. It has to be correct between the camera and the dvr terminal block. Camera A to dvr A and camera B to dvr B. Otherwise you can't communicate with the camera regardless of settings. Good luck.

Thanks very much for your reply but have tried exactly what you say , tried changing wires round and address as default for Samsung(95) I have also tried 3 and all settings as you said but thanks for your help. Do you know if there is any other software available which is similar to what old controller used. Prokam cant or don't seem to be able to help

Many thanks

I have to use my laptop to run ptz controller, used to have dvr capture card in pc but thought I would go this way to make it much easier, not so and prokam are no help at all they blame Samsung and Samsung have given me all settings which they say should work , but it doesn't, thanks for help though

Thanks to you all for advice and very constructive it all was , very good site with genuine helpful people.

I now have it sorted appears the dvr manufacturer, probably Chinese, labelled the ptz outputs on the back of dvr wrongly. Thanks to you all again

Hagar