milkisbad

Hikvision camera missing substream option

I'm hoping its firmware issue, but my guy bought 4 identical IP cameras, 3 of them have the substream option under video settings, just 1 doesn't. It still records, but live view in a 3 x 3 configuration, camera 1 is missing since there's no substream (literally when I click the drop-down menu, it only shows 'Main stream' while others will have both).

Watching it online if I select substream I get 'Live view failed' but works when I pick main stream. He's going to dismount it then bring it in and I'll see if a firmware upgrade/factory default helps.

Just wondering if anyone experienced something like this?

Never seen that before.

Do you have access to the web interface? Did you check to see if the camera that is acting weird has the same firmware version as the others? You do not need to take it down to check that; you would not even need to take it down to update the firmware.

I have the same issue. I put 130805 on 3 domes and lost the substream option in the NVR for each. I am now wondering if that is my problem(another thread) and why I am unable to see remote video through the web browser if it is trying to send that feed and is unable to. This is what I have through the web interface since updating my DVR to 130620 and cameras to 130805.

sub.jpg.177f79b3110ff645657b6b2b2e3567fd.jpg

I had this problem as well and it drove me crazy for a few days. I tried all sorts of steps and finally did this:

1. Log on to the camera directly (not the NVR) and perform a full factory reset of the camera from the Maintenance menu. (I did this by plugging a laptop into one of the NVR ports)

2. Once the factory reset has completed, power down the camera (I did this by unplugging the network cable to the NVR as the NVR switch includes POE).

3. Waited 30 seconds and powered the camera back up (plugged the network cable back in).

If I remember right, this brought back the substream option for my cameras. Hopefully this will work in your case as well.

I will try that too! Thanks I actually had one camera that is missing the main stream, will try it with him too.

Mindtwist: I only had access to the NVR web interface since he was using all internal PoE and had no laptop to plug to the switch. Thank you for your suggestion !