Sign in to follow this  
naphcon

Question on Exposure mode and min/max

I'm new to this stuff and I don't really know what I'm doing. I've been playing around with different settings trying to get the best picture. This is on a ESC-1 1.3mp camera. This is a screenshot of my current settings. When I change exposure mode to anything other than automatic, the picture is pretty much completely black (at 1/60 you can see a little, everything else is completely black). When I leave it on automatic and change the min/max, i see absolutely no change at all in picture? Can anyone give suggestions on what I should use in these fields?

What I'd like to do is to clean up the noise in the nighttime images. Heres a sample image of how the quality looks at night. Theres very little motion blur with these settings. I wouldn't mind compromising a little to clean up the noise. The only light here is under the porch there (and across the street), no street lights etc.

I included a shot from day as well. I am satisfied with that, but i'd like better night quality if it's even possible

cam4.jpg.2e85c402e0a6e940c19201467ef8ac45.jpg

cam5.thumb.jpg.786f76b29060242aa5931fc6ded1f6b4.jpg

cam7.thumb.jpg.20c7a62541da5aef3de043281e9b413f.jpg