Sign in to follow this  
milkisbad

Microphone for IP camera with Mic in cables.

Just wondering if anyone knows a microphone without amplifier that can be used with this camera. I am using a cctv mic that seems to output Line level signal (its a dc 12 v powered mic with amplifier from the product description) , but after some quick searches (and personal testing) I get a ton of distortion when spliced with the Mic +/ Mic - /Mic Ground of my camera (I cut the RCA female input of the mic and spliced mic + to the yellow cable and mic - + mic ground to the black cable).

with this kind of connections

Line level output microphone + Mic level input camera = distortion (I can still hear my voice though, but not good at all)

so now I'm trying to find a

mic level output microphone + mic level input camera = hoping for good results (I believe these sort of mics do not need to be powered either?)

There's also a Line out and line ground cable on my Camera, those should go to speakers I think?

Thanks for any suggestions!

This is a Hikvision IP camera http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=8724

DS-2CD2732F-I(S)

Thank you Bueullwinkle!

I logged into the camera directly, and there was an option to change the audio input (Either Line in or Mic in). Default was set to Line-in, so my mic with amp should have no problem, maybe just because the place I connected had so much other electrical device (it was a demo room and 2 tvs ) that I got a lot of noise. (and it was one of those $4 mics...)