reveiled

45 Cams, In need of 3 16 channel DVR w/Mac native software

There are 45 cameras in my office and when they were installed 5-6 years ago we had 3 16 channel DVRs from Bosch.

Now we have one dead DVR, One on it's way out and only one working properly.

We're looking to replace all 3 DVR with DVRs. No need for NVR.

All our cameras terminate with BNC connectors.

What we're looking for:

Over 10 days of storage. * more is better

Mac/Apple native Software *important

Remote accessibility

Mobile application

and controller to switch between cameras.

What system, company you would recommend?

PS: Native Mac software important as our office only use Apple computers. That was one problem with our Bosch unit after we switch to Apple.

Storage: we had up to 7 days. Not sure what size HDD they had but we're open to maybe 20 days of storage. What TB size would be sufficient?

Rack mountable standalone system preferable.

If there are vendors here, I'm open to taking quotes as well.

Thank you

I'm a dahua fan, what can I say. If three 16 channel dvr's float your boat consider this-

http://www.securitycameraking.com/16-channel-ultimate-series-h-58045-prd1.html

Get 4tb hard drives installed in each one and set each channel very carefully to schedule and/or motion detect and you should get WAY more than ten days archiving. My 1tb hard drive for 8 channels 30fps gives me about 35 days archiving time- exterior cameras no less. They support MAC PSS software so you can bring up all three dvrs in there to view. Ipad/Iphone.

We have a bosch 16 channel divar at our new facility and it, in a word, sucks. Can't wait to pull it out. But I'll probably get approval to replace with a dahua HD-SDI unit. Good luck to you.

I'm a dahua fan, what can I say. If three 16 channel dvr's float your boat consider this-

http://www.securitycameraking.com/16-channel-ultimate-series-h-58045-prd1.html

Get 4tb hard drives installed in each one and set each channel very carefully to schedule and/or motion detect and you should get WAY more than ten days archiving. My 1tb hard drive for 8 channels 30fps gives me about 35 days archiving time- exterior cameras no less. They support MAC PSS software so you can bring up all three dvrs in there to view. Ipad/Iphone.

We have a bosch 16 channel divar at our new facility and it, in a word, sucks. Can't wait to pull it out. But I'll probably get approval to replace with a dahua HD-SDI unit. Good luck to you.

Would you recommend going with a 48 channel DVR? Does that even exist?

Dahua seems to be a company located outside the US Have you used them before? Concerned about warranty & service.

I see they have a 64 channel, but I've never seen it available to buy. I've seen 128 channel units to buy, but I think they were insane prices and not well received. I've bought dahua units and cameras from reputable dealers and support is great- from them. Buy it cheap from a who-knows on ebay or from alibaba, and you're on your own. I do use one great ebayer local to my area for accessories and they sell dahua as well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy dahua from them. But I like the dahua interface and PSS, so even though there are plenty of other choices, I always prefer dahua for my needs.