algilson

Dahua NVR won't record motion

I'll try to explain this as best as I can:

We have 8 Dahua cameras: 3x HFW3200s and 5x HDW2100s as well as a Dahua NVR3216. When we first got the system, the cameras were all PAL, and the NVR was NTSC. It recorded motion fine. The camera firmware dates were all over the board, so I've updated them to a recent NTSC version that I found: 2.210.0001.0.R, build : 2013-05-17. While doing that, I figured I'd update the NVR to the latest version as well -- but accidentally updated it to PAL, as I didn't notice that it was PAL firmware - General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.610.0000.5.R.20130525 (still looking for NTSC if anyone has it?). Since then, I cannot for the life of me get the the NVR to record motion.

I've done a "Default" reset on the NVR, and have reconfigured everything. I can have the cameras record on schedule without any issue, and the playback works fine. I simply can not get the motion detect to work. If I change the schedule to manual, the cameras record all the time, but if I change it back to motion detect, they don't record. I've tried changing the sensitivity (threshold?) from 1 to 6 and I've also tried changing the masks from all squares covered to all squares uncovered. Nothing seems to work. Any pointers?

Thanks,

- Al

Hi..

I don't know how the PAL upgrade will effect MD, but check this:

Have you enabled the MD in the VideoDetect submenu of the NVR?

Also, try connecting to the IPC directly and check the log of the camera, to see if it has recorded some events.

Also, while you're at it, check if MD is enabled in the camera itself.

Good luck

Also, try connecting to the IPC directly and check the log of the camera, to see if it has recorded some events.

Also, while you're at it, check if MD is enabled in the camera itself.

Thanks for this -- it got me thinking about how else I could check if MD was working in the camera. I set the cameras to email me upon motion detection, and nothing was coming through. I enabled the health-check email, and for sure it was showing up, but nothing for motion detection. Turns out that I had set the cameras for MJPG format for whatever reason, and hadn't set them back to H.264. For motion detection to work they needed to be H.264. We're all good again! I was blaming the NVR, but after your insight, I realized it was at the camera level.

Thanks again,

- Al