Sign in to follow this  
zikronix

Analog camera to IP NVR

I know I have seen this. but i know some nvrs, you can connect an analog camera to the system. Here is how i seem to recall it working.

Analog DVR controls cameras and audio records to ip NVR that has ip cams on it.

I know im not imagining this. Can some one go over this with me.

Many newer DVRs have image streams for each channel that can be fed to an NVR. Several people at the BI forum use BI to record the channels from their analog DVRs like Zmodo.

If you go to cam-it.org and search on zmodo or dvr, you'll find some threads that discuss this.

we have Q-See NVR model QC828 and Q-see DVR model QC448. So they are came from same series which is QC series. SO i guess they came from same Chinese manufacturer. I have both system on same LAN. In NVR when i do Remote device and do auto search, it detected the IP of the DVR, then I can add this DVR to the NVR and show the analog camera in the NVR. So the answer is YES, you can add video from DVR to the NVR as long as they are from same manufacturer.

Dahua does that. You can connect analog cameras to a Dahua DVR; and then make a NVR connect to the DVR and record the channels like it was an IP camera.

Of course if you would need to buy the DVR and NVR, it would probably make more sense to just get a hybrid machine.

Hello, I just wanted to clarify something, when the DVR is added to the NVR's IP list will all the cameras attached to the DVR be displayed or is it just one camera that will be displayed or all the camera feeds on the DVR be displayed in one channel?

Just wondering!

Hello, I just wanted to clarify something, when the DVR is added to the NVR's IP list will all the cameras attached to the DVR be displayed or is it just one camera that will be displayed or all the camera feeds on the DVR be displayed in one channel?

Just wondering!

You can choose any individual channel/camera. When adding the device it will be like adding a camera with different channels to choose from.

When I posted my previous message, I think that only worked with Dahua. It can also be done with Hikvision now.