Sign in to follow this  
baseballfanz

Swann DDNS portal

Is the portal down? Anyone else having problems? All a sudden I cannot remote view on my phone or tablet when on the road. Been working fine but jsut stopped yesterday.

Keep getting server unavailable. Thank You.

Tested mine, no troubles. Just a little slow but I was on 3G.

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait a bit to see if it start working or I might have to check my settings.

I never got the DDNS to work. I have the remote view working using my external IP address, but not the DDNS. The DVR and website show it configured.

I never got the DDNS to work. I have the remote view working using my external IP address, but not the DDNS. The DVR and website show it configured.

Yeah I would prefer using my external ip too but couldn't get that to work(yet). I finally got SwannView to work again but also found that IPCam Viewer also work(I already had it on my phone to monitor some ip cameras at work) so now I can view all my cameras without switch app.

I can't believe this. Now I can't log in via the external IP address, my internal IP address while on my LAN. . I checked. My external IP address hasn't changed yet. Also I was able to send a test email via the DVR and it showed up in my email. So I know it is connected to the network and it can see the internet.

What is going on?

Ok. I found my problem. My internal IP address changed sue to dhcp and setting up new hardware. From the router I changed the internal IP address back to what it was and I reserved it so it won't happen again

Ok. I found my problem. My internal IP address changed sue to dhcp and setting up new hardware. From the router I changed the internal IP address back to what it was and I reserved it so it won't happen again

That's a good idea.