cjd572

Intellex DVMS 16ch problem

Hi, I'm new to this forum but hoping that someone can help. My intellex dvms 16ch unit I have threw up a message about one of the volumes causing a problem. When I went into the 'storage' tab it was the F:\ volume, I accidently clicked on 'remove' and am now uable to find 'F:\' anywhere. I have logged out and looked in 'my computer' for it but all I have is the usual C:\ and also an E:\ there is no sign of 'F:\' at all. Can anyone tell me how to get it back please, I'm not sure if it was a physical disc or not

Any help at all would be great. The C:\ says it's 14.6GB Total with 11.2GB Free. The D:\ drive says it's 219GB Total with 218GB Free. I don't have any recovery discs.

Kind regards

Craig

Few questions...

1. How did you "remove" F-drive - was it through Intellex or through desktop?

2. How many hard drives do you have in the system?

3. Check if the C: drive and E: drive is the same drive except it has been sliced to have System drive (C:) and Storage drive (E:).

4. Check and make sure that the F: drive is still connected correctly inside the machine.

Then go to "Disk Management" section and check if "F" drive is still visible and if so, you can have it formatted and available to use. If not, then chances are good that your 250G drive may have taken a fall... All you have to do is to put another hard drive (any size up to 2TB), go to disk management, format it and then have it join your storage capacity of your system.

Hope this helps... and let us know your results.

Hi it was 'removed' through the intellex system, the F:\ was hilighted and the 'remove button was clicked. I think it ha 2 hard drives, but I will check and confirm. Thank you for posting. Will update the info when I check.

Hi, Having checked the inside of the intellex a few minutes ago it has 2 hard drives, both are connected via SATA cable.

The label on the one says:

System Drive NTLX 4.0, 250GB, SRNT.

The label ont he other says:

Data Drive NTLX, 4.0, 250GB, SRNT

Both drives appear to be Western Digital.

If someone can help with what to do next relating to the original post, I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

Thanks for getting back to us with more info...

What you have now is that the first drive called "System Drive" is partitioned to C: (for Win XP and Intellex application) and E: for storage. It seems that this drive works...

What you do is to replace the F: drive - called Data Drive with new drive. You can install another 250GB SATA drive or can push storage capacity up to 2.0TB drive (this is a limitation on what XP OS can see native to OS capabilities). Once the new drive is in place, go to "Disk Management" section and have XP to format it. Once formatted, you will have two choices - one you can add this drive to available storage space via Intellex and still retain available video on drive E: or have outside Intellex function residing on desktop called DriveConfig to have it clear all your existing stored video and combine both drives for storage.

While you are performing this task, change the fans and change the power supply as well... these items not that will fail, rather when. Also dust off all the dirt and residue build up inside and outside of the box. Double check all the cables and make sure they are well secured in their respective location. Lastly, pickup CD cleaning kit and have it run in your CD or DVD burner for it to clean your device heads that read and write.

You will have smooth sailing thereafter...

Good luck and let us know your final results.