Sign in to follow this  
Zebu

DVR does not recognize HDD.

I currently have a rebranded dahua based 16-channel DVR. It was working fine until almost a month ago. I had a 500GB Seagate Barracuda hooked up with the DVR and it suddenly got corrupt or whatever I don't know. But it stopped recording any of the video feed. I didn't really know much about this stuff and so before getting a brand new hard drive I tried hooking up another notebook hard drive up with the DVR to see if it works. That worked... only for a while. Now it says that drive is full and I can't reformat it. So, I got rid of that and got another hard drive, WD AV-GP 1TB. It should've worked but when I hooked up all the cables it doesn't even recognize the hard drive. When I try to format it, it doesn't show up on the drop down menu where the list of hard drives connected should be. I even got a new SATA cable, thought it might be a transfer issue but still doesn't work. I might try replacing the SATA power cable, but I don't know if that would work.

I was hoping anyone here could help out tell me what the problem might be. Is it something wrong with the DVR altogether?

Check the power supply of the DVR. It is probably something like 12V 5A, see if you have another power supply that gives the same output, or even more A.

One of the first simptoms of failing power supply on the DVR, when it gives less A that it should be giving, is the HD not working ok, or not being able to power up at all.

Hmm, I'm not too sure about the power supply part, I will check it later though. There has never been a problem with the power supply of the DVR. I have never seen it shut it self off or anything. Anything else that could cause problems with HDDs?

I just checked the power supply and it's a 12v 3.33a, is this a problem?

If so, how come the dvr was working perfectly fine for months?

I just checked the power supply and it's a 12v 3.33a, is this a problem?

If so, how come the dvr was working perfectly fine for months?

Read again my previous post.