jss606

Unable to access DVR over Local or Internet Wifi

I have a 4 Channel Hikvision DVR Model DS-7204HVI-SH.

Currently it works fine over the Ethernet cable connection through my TP-LINK router to my PC, on Firefox etc. However the problem arises over the WIFI. I have both ports HTTP and RTSP forwarded on the router, but the IVMS app on my mobile and tablet cannot access it on the LAN wifi, let alone the internet.

The IP settings is as follows : 192.168.1.211 port 8120 and RTSP port 554.

Incidentally I have three other Hikvision DVRs (Somewhat older makes) that run perfectly well over the same IVMS app, as well as over Internet with a static IP configuration, using the same make and model Routers.

The only difference here is that the router connected to this DVR has a DynDNS account configured into the router. For other applications - D-link IP cam, TightVNC etc, there is no conflict issues with the Dyndns account.

For some reason however, the above DVR refuses to connect to my mobile platforms.

The Error message on the Local wi-fi setting is [Receiving Data from device timed out.]

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

I have a 4 Channel Hikvision DVR Model DS-7204HVI-SH.

Currently it works fine over the Ethernet cable connection through my TP-LINK router to my PC, on Firefox etc. However the problem arises over the WIFI. I have both ports HTTP and RTSP forwarded on the router, but the IVMS app on my mobile and tablet cannot access it on the LAN wifi, let alone the internet.

The IP settings is as follows : 192.168.1.211 port 8120 and RTSP port 554.

You are missing one port, latest Hikvision DVRs use 3 ports.

Previous models/firmwares only used 2 ports, web and data (by default 80 and 8000). Now they also have RTSP port, so they use 3 ports, web, RTSP and data (by default 80, 554 and 8000). If you do not have the data port forwarded, you won't be able to connect with iVMS.